stuck, stuck, stuck - for a MONTH

grisaille
on 7/22/12 12:46 pm - NC
I have been close to 90 pounds lost for the last month.  Nary a pound lost.  I track all my food and exercise. 

I am limited on exercise until my physical therapist clears me for more exercise.  I had been so sedentary at the higher weight and when I tried to step up my exercise post-surgery I found out I am facing a knee replacement and maybe even a shoulder one.  So I go to pool PT and walk in the pool on the other days.

I know we are not supposed to count calories (or so the dietitian said) but only shoot for 60-70 gms of protein and staying under 50 gms of carbs.  But I would really like to know if anyone else is on My Fitness Pal or any way tracking their food and have a rough idea of their calorie intake.  I do only weigh once a week.  I am staying between 700-900 calories a day - is that way out of the ballpark?  If I am at home I do weigh all my food.

I will take hints, suggestions or kicks-in-the butt . . .

HW 369  SW 369 GW 199
(deactivated member)
on 7/22/12 2:35 pm
If I was you, I would increase my protein to closer to 80-100 grams, drop the carbs under 40 and stay closer to 600-800 calories.  I would make sure that I am mostly eating non-processed, lean protein and a few bites of carbs. 
dvick
on 7/22/12 2:38 pm - NY
VSG on 03/19/12
It sounds like your doing all of the right stuff, i stalled for a month my third month out of surgery and it sucked but i just increased the water and the protien and the scale started moving again.
I also did green smoothies,meat,cheese,and eggs for a week to help move things along i got that idea from a fellow blogger!
toniosmom
on 7/22/12 8:06 pm
What's in a green smoothie?
grisaille
on 7/23/12 2:48 am - NC
I ran a search on OH and came up with

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4477488/Green-Smoothie /

Not sure I'd want to drink that but I can see how healthy it would be
Sutterbos
on 7/22/12 8:18 pm
VSG on 06/21/12
Everyone is different.  I'd been stuck for 2 weeks.  I increased my protein into the 70s, increased my overall calories to 900-1000, and have lost a pound a day for the last couple days.  I hear everyone say "eat even less!" which has never worked for me - even before surgery.  I have to find that "sweet spot" where my body gets enough intake to let go of the fat.  But like I said, I might not be the norm - everyone is different.

BlondeOne
on 7/23/12 2:27 am - Roy, UT
Hi!  I'm at month 4 1/2 and have been stalled all month.  I started a strenght training program two weeks ago, so maybe that has something to do with it.  I'm getting frustrated, but will just keep on trucking.  Keep up the good work and hopefully the scale will start moving again - that's what I'm doing.

Good luck!

Highest/Surgery Weight 230 Goal Weight 140 Current Weight 190
Starting BMI 36.6 Current BMI 28
My height is 5'7.

grisaille
on 7/23/12 2:44 am - NC
I ran a My Fitness Pal report on my carbs over the last 6 months and they have been going steadily upwards. I have been a carboholic all my life and need to face that issue. And I will now be zeroing out all the extra that exercise adds back into my food diary so I don't get misled.

I would say wish me luck but I don't believe in "luck" - I believe I make my own decisions.

HW 369  SW 369 GW 199
ib40
on 7/23/12 2:57 am
I've been stuck for 12 weeeks, just bouncing up and down the same three lbs. I've recently upped my exercise, hoping that will help. It is really frustrating, but I do think some people's bodies are more sensitive to weight loss than others. Those unlucky ones, like me, have bodies that want to hold on to every spare lb. available to prepare for the apocalypse. I know some people don't believe in weight set points, but I do. I'm sitting at one of my long-term set point weights (my weight through high school, college,and early marriage) and I'm going to have to push hard to get past it. I wish you luck and a cool head. It is frustrating as hell.

Most Active