Rough Week...OT and a bit long

SPT0929
on 7/22/12 4:37 pm - LA
VSG on 06/05/12
I will be seven weeks post op on Tuesday. This past week has been the toughest week I've had since starting this journey. I started feeling sick at the beginning of the week and went to my doctor on Wednesday because I could no longer swallow anything (food, water, vitamins/medicine). Anyway, so during the visit I tell the doctor that I think I have strep throat. I'm not a doctor but I have had strep throat at least once a year for just about every year for as long as I can remember, besides that I know my body. He proceeded to tell me that it is improbable that I have strep throat because I had my tonsils removed about 20 years ago and they haven't grown back. He then tells me that I most likely have mono but does a rapid strep test. The test came back negative, which was bad news for me because he didn't give me any medication since he wasn't sure what he was treating. He took another sample from my throat to send for a culture and told me to call for the results Friday. That day and the next two days were extremely rough. I was only able to drink about a bottle and a half of water over the course of those three days. Horrible I know but that's all I could handle to swallow. By Friday I had no voice so I couldn't call the office to get the results. Thankfully my parents are avid "texters" so I sent my mom a text message to call for me (she lives an hour away from me). She called and the doctor confirmed that I did indeed have strep throat. Needless to say I wasn't very happy because if he had just listened to me I could have already been taking antibiotics. I'm over that now that I have my medicine and I'm feeling better. Even though I wasn't feeling well I decided to take a trip Friday evening to see some friends that I hadn't seen in a few months because they live a few hours away. While I was there, I got a phone call from my cousin telling me that a tornado touched down about 100 feet away from my house. She was unaware that I was out of town so she was freaking out. I immediately start to freak out because I left my beloved dog at a friend's house for the night and I couldn't get in touch with her to see if he was okay. Since I can't get in touch with her I started to worry about my house. About an hour later I got a text from my neighbor telling me that a tree fell on his police unit....that doesn't make me feel any better. In the time before that text message I had gotten another one from my power company saying that the power was out. After getting on facebook I saw that about 14,000 people in my city were out of power. Thankfully my friend also responded and let me know that my dog was perfectly fine (what a relief)!! I was definitely thrilled that I decided to go out of town and had wonderful weather where I was. I planned on staying the entire weekend but was too stressed out so Saturday morning I headed home. I must say I was extremely lucky because there was absolutely no damage to my house. Can't say the same for a few of my neighbors but luckily no one was injured. Material things can always be replaced....people can't. Our power was projected to be out for at least one day but could have been out until Monday night. It is entirely too hot in South Louisiana at this time of year to be without power so I packed up my clothes, refrigerator, and freezer then headed to a friends house. I couldn't chance losing all the meat in my freezer. Needless to say between the illness and tornado mess things have been crazy. Yesterday I ate my first meal in about 3 or 4 days. I am happy to report that I am back home (with electricity lol), feeling better, and everything is a-okay now. It's time for me to get back on track with my vitamins and eating/drinking habits. I definitely wasn't expecting to be dealing with everything last week brought me this early on in my journey. Once again I'm just relieved that everything turned out the way it did! I'm not usually one to vent or complain on here but no one in my life knows what I'm going through and how hard it can be to stay on track in these kinds of situations. Thanks for reading and allowing me to "vent".
Stephanie   

pineview01
on 7/22/12 5:43 pm - Davison, MI
WOW!  Sorry you had a week from hell to deal with.  Glad to hear everbody and thing turned out OK

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

SPT0929
on 7/23/12 11:38 pm - LA
VSG on 06/05/12
 Thanks!
Stephanie   

(deactivated member)
on 7/23/12 12:36 pm - Lake Charles, LA
VSG on 06/05/12
Hope you are feeling better!! Call/text me if you need anything. I'm gonna go ahead and get a membership at Planet Fitness. I'd love to have a work out buddy again...so text me! So glad ur house is ok....thought about you when I heard the tornado went thru there!
SPT0929
on 7/23/12 11:37 pm - LA
VSG on 06/05/12
 Im feeling much better now, almost back to normal. I've been slacking on the gym. Just let me know when you go and if I'm in town/not busy I'll go! I'm so glad I wasn't here when everything happened especially after talking to a few of my neighbors that were home! The crazy part about it is I was supposed to be home. At the last minute I decided to pack up and go to to Toledo Bend. 
moonglo82
on 7/23/12 12:46 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Geez girl! I'm glad you're feeling better and everything else has worked out.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

SPT0929
on 7/23/12 11:39 pm - LA
VSG on 06/05/12
 Thanks! I'm feeling much better. Now it's just to get things back in order after the craziness. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views