Stalled!

Shanester66
on 7/27/12 6:12 am - PA
VSG on 02/09/12
OK...so I got sleeved Feb 9 2012...to date I have lost alittle over 60 lbs...feel great...look great...I have 35 more lbs to go...here is the problem...I have stalled out on the weight loss!!!!  I havent lost a pound in almost 2 months...havent gained (thank God) but I havent lost either.  Suggestions???  Thanks guys.
Thanks for all the help!!

moonglo82
on 7/27/12 6:18 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Great job so far!

Can you give us an idea of what your caloric intake looks like? How much protein? Carbs? What kind of exercise are you doing? Are you still getting your water in?

If you've been at the same weight for two months, it sounds to me like it's time to tighten the reins a little to get the last 35 off. Maybe upping protein and lowering carbs?

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

michael B.
on 7/27/12 6:20 am - MA
VSG on 03/19/12
 Ruggie always says to crank up the protein and water intake!  Worked for me a couple months ago. At least 100grams protein and aim for a gallon of water a day.
Burnsy  (ticker starts 2wks pre op)                        
Shagdoll
on 7/27/12 6:23 am
Hi there, just like moonglo82 said, it will help if we know what you are eating... if you are limiting to a certain amount of calories a day, your water intake, protein and carb numbers would help too.
Congrats on your success so far!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Shanester66
on 7/27/12 6:56 am - PA
VSG on 02/09/12
Im taking in any where from 850-1100 cal. a day....between 60-80 grams of protein.  I walk about a total 9 miles per week averaging between 3.2-3.5 mph.  I know I dont drink enough water...16-20oz. per day (bad I know).  Do you think water is the issue?  I never was a big water drinker...I really dont like it...for the 1st 2-3 months I was making more of an effort but you know how that goes. lol  I track my calories through livestrong.com so Im pretty good with that.

Shagdoll
on 7/27/12 7:40 am
I think water can definitely be an issue.  I think for a male, you are not getting in enough protein.  I would aim closer to 100 grams a day.  Maybe add a protein shake?  That can go towards your protein and your water intake. 
Can you put Crystal Light or MIO in your water to make it more tolerable?  I prefer to drink my water flavored and it needs to be ice cold even if I'm freezing!!!
Walking is great but I tend to lose more when I do cardio or some strength training.  Maybe a little of that can help too. 
:-)

Jenn  

WWBD?  

moonglo82
on 7/27/12 7:07 am
VSG on 03/29/12
The water thing could definitely be contributing to the stall.

Honestly, after looking at your numbers, I would still consider upping my protein and lowering my carbs if it was me. Just my opinion.

Good luck!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

happyteacher
on 7/27/12 7:19 am
 Also try bumping up your protein.  If you do a little extra shake it will help both with fluid and protein.  Try to stick closer to the 1000 too if you can.  If you are not taking a ppi then you may find it can help- I had no issues up until recently, but once I started taking it my calories dropped a couple hundred on average (at least thus far).  Maybe also try some weight resistance type activity, use the elliptical, or something else to vary your exercise.  Good luck!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Shanester66
on 7/27/12 8:01 am - PA
VSG on 02/09/12
Thanks guys...I try to get in 100 grams of protein a day but most times fall short.  I do usually get in at least 1 shake a day but I will try to get an extra one in.  Next week, I plan on joining Golds gym to start weight training 3 times per week.  My goal is to walk T-W-F and weight train M-W-F...rest from everything on Sunday.  Mu wife and I got sleeved within 2 weeks of each other so we have been on this journey together.  Made it very tolerable to do it together.  she has lost about 55 lbs.  Thanks again for your help...I guess I just need to get back to basics.

amidwife4u
on 7/27/12 10:41 am
I stalled for 9 weeks with 20 lbs to go.  I upped my protein to the suggested 100gms and increased my fluic, but like you I stuggle to get in enough water.  After 2 weeks at 100gms protein, I dropped 3 lbs...and have gone back to losing about 1 lb per week.  Getting closer to goal.  Tryin to keep protein between 80 and 100 grams now.
Stay the course, you will keep losing.

HW 232 SW 218  WT when leaving hospital 219.5
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views