4 days post op

J. cerullo
on 7/27/12 10:20 pm - RI
So I had my surgery on Tuesday. I was so sick fot the first todays. Vomitting every hour. Not much pain. just nause. I hate it. I'm not sure I can get all the liquid in.

susanjean
on 7/27/12 10:25 pm - IN
I am going through the same thing as you are, my surgery was Tues too.   They ended up keeping me a extra night.  I still feel lousy.  I do have pain in the one incision area which is difficult to sit, get up or lay down.  I dont know how I can get my liquids in either.

J. cerullo
on 7/27/12 10:29 pm - RI
They also kept me an extxa night. Can yo uhave puree this week?

susanjean
on 7/27/12 11:24 pm - IN
I was suppose to start full liquids yesterday but my doctor told me to hold up since I was so sick.  One thing that is helping me today is sugar free popcicles.   Im on my 2nd one now.  lol

Huney
on 7/28/12 12:53 am
my surgery was Monday. I was the 2nd robotic surgery in the state! I had a rough nite last night. I got so nauseated from sleeping on my left side and had to move to the recliner/couch for the rest of the night. Nausea meds just make me sicker, but I am feeling better with every day that comes. SF popsicles is what is saving me right now to get fluids in. Warm liquids seem to soothe me too, so I'm thinking I may get some SF hot chocolate? and add some protein to it tonight. Not sure if that is a good idea or not.
Catmama
on 7/28/12 2:36 am - NV
Try some warm low sodium beef or chicken broth or warm decaf or herbal tea.  That may help ease your stomach and help you get in your liquids.  Remember to keep sipping slowly.  Don't go back to old habits like taking too big of a drink of anything.  That will definitely cause you a lot of distress.  Hang in there!  It all gets better with time.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 307 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 354 views