Those already SLEEVED...month 1

Bf516
on 7/30/12 10:03 am
 I do know EVERYONE is an individual & what's good for one may not be good for the other & results vary but...........
My bestie & I are talking about the sleeve vs exercising at this weight...so this question came up.

Please list the ### of pounds you lost at the end of your 1st month.

Example:

Etc

Bf516
on 7/30/12 11:41 am
WOW 83 views no replies!
Geez, how disappointing!!!!
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/12 11:49 am
As you said it will vary and I'm not yet a month out tomorrow will be 3 weeks. I have lost 12 so far but I will tell you I am at home until Thursday so I suspect my weight loss will speed up when I'm back at work and more active. I did start walking this week. I can power walk for about 15 minutes. The best thing I can tell u is why are you and your friend trying to lose weight? To looke better or for true health issues? My main deciding factor was not just to lose weight that was a bonus because I was looking a hot mess. My main reasons were for my health. I am 29 I have 2 young children almost 3yrs and 15 months. I want to live for them. I was prediabetic, on two blood pressure meds, diabetic med, and a baby asperin to help me not have a heart attack. All this at 29. No physically I wasn't "that" big but my body told me I was eventually going to die or have complications due to these things. Yes I could have worked out but I have done that before and gained it back. So for me I needed a life change that did not give me a choice. I tried weigh****chers in the months before surgery and I just could not get it together. Since my pre op liquid diet I have not thought about food the same. I am doing well. So consider those things. Also since the day of surgery I have been down to 1 med and so far I am doing and feeling soooo great! Hope this helps you. Good luck to u and your friend.
Bf516
on 7/30/12 1:32 pm
 My bestie & son are the only ones I'm telling.
So during our convo, she wanted to know which is more beneficial.
My response was overall, hers was quick loss.

I was trying to prove I was 'right' lol.

Ty :)
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/12 12:02 pm - Anoka, MN
VSG on 07/12/12
I'm not a month out from surgery, but I am a month out from when I started the pre op diet. I have lost 36 lbs since beginning the pre op diet.
morgans
on 7/30/12 12:06 pm
VSG on 06/18/12
moonglo82
on 7/30/12 12:07 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
I'm one of the 83 who didn't reply originally.

I didn't want to reply because I don't want to set anyone up for feeling like they *should* lose a certain amount by a certain date. I know people who have lost a lot more than me in the first month, and I know people who have lost much less.

Although you say that you know that everyone loses differently, IMHO these kinds of discussions are a bit dangerous because they can be misleading. The amounts that people will lose at any given time can vary so much that there's really no point in even guessing; age, starting weight, health condition, water retention, amount of sleep, ability get in nutrients, hormones, etc etc etc... the list goes on.

I don't mean to be rude, just giving my honest opinion.

Best of luck to you!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Bf516
on 7/30/12 1:37 pm
 Understandable on your reasoning for not posting your number.

As for myself, it was to show my friend it's not a rapid loss like bypass, it's more of a tool to work with.

On the other hand, I see how you don't want to 'set anyone up' but I also feel its good for us PREsleevers to know that there isn't an expected or must have loss. That it's all individually based

Ty :)
roxyrocks808
on 7/30/12 12:13 pm - Waialua, HI
VSG on 05/30/12
#20 one month and tomorrow will be 60 days PO for me and I've lost another #10 my second month ... I am a little disappointed but it's coming off and that's what counts. We are all diff and lose at diff rates. Good luck

Sleepylove
on 7/30/12 12:14 pm - MD
VSG on 06/06/12
I will be 2 months Wednesday and I lost 30 lbs in the first month and only lost 5 lbs this month. I stalled for 2 weeks. I lost 5 the first week of this month then finally lost 2 this week.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 179 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 475 views