NSV Please! Dont Be Shy, and Share Yours

Tia T.
on 8/1/12 7:26 pm
As a pre-op'er I get more and more excited about potential non-scale victories, I think more so than anything else. I have a VERY long mental list of them that I cant wait to accomplish.
So, please share one or a bunch of yours!
                                Looking for my inner peace

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 8/1/12 9:18 pm - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
My bf has an old truck for his fishing business that I rarely ride in. It's got the old style bench seat/seat belts that I struggled with whenever I did. It barely fit. I got in the truck for the first time since surgery (4/17) and grabbed the seatbelt and snapped it and went to adjust the slack. My bf pulled the excess belt up to show me how MUCH room I had between me and the belt. Both our jaws dropped. I was so grateful he stopped and made me notice.

I has my 3mo post op at my surgeons this week and they schedule my appts with the 2 other people who got sleeved that day. It's like a little reunion in the waiting room every time we go in. I walked in and plopped down next to them and they said yeah, we are just sitting here with our legs crossed... I hadn't thought to try it yet, and was do surprised I could cross my legs! Really cross them, not uncomfortably like I've been for years. We all say there smiling crossing our legs back and forth as we waited to be called. I'm thankful to them for mentioning it. I was nowhere near thinking I could do it!

Marena G.
on 8/1/12 10:17 pm - LA
VSG on 07/16/12

For the past two days I have parked across the street from the hospital I work at and walked.  I have not been able to do that for almost a year now.  I am not out of breath yay!!!!!  It takes me longer than everybody else, but I am no longer taking the shuttle.....I am walking. 

favrow812
on 8/1/12 11:17 pm - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
I have a new NSV at least every other day. even if its just little things like noticing my arms are getting more tone from working out to putting on a pair of size 12 work pants. Today I'm wearing a black pencil skirt with a shirt tucked into it. I've always loved that style but could never pull it off until now!

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

newme_38
on 8/1/12 11:46 pm - Randallstown, MD
VSG on 06/12/12

I went shopping this weekend, and tried on some size 14's.  I was very happy and surprised that I could fit them.  Even though they were Lane Bryant 14s, I was pleased that they fit.  Thinking to myself I can't wait to wear Regular 14s.  Well I wore the pants yesterday and  by the time I got to work, they had given in some and begin to feel like they were sagging.  

I better hurry and get a few more wears out of them. I think I was so happy that I was in them, I didn't even take the time to notice that I had room in them.  ( you know how pants tend to get loose once you start to move around in them)  I could have worn a smaller size. 

Airpun79
on 8/2/12 12:28 am - Jacksonville, FL
I've had a few so far...1.)my pants are falling off and have to wear the belt extra tight 2) shirts are getting big already 3) and my wedding band is literally falling off my hand with any little movement that I make with my left hand.  Of course the wife isn't too excited about this. LOL!

Take care! -Larry

HW: 360      SW: 351             CW: 212         GOAL: 200 
Monthly Weight Loss Progression:
M1:-46 M2:-24 M3:-14 M4:-17 M5:-9 M6:-13 M7:-7 M8:-5  M9:-1 M10:-3 M11:-8 M12: -10

full-of-hopen
on 8/2/12 12:34 am
My bra's fit better, no longer uncomfortable and I "feel smaller" in my car!!
Shagdoll
on 8/2/12 12:52 am
There are just some NSV's that I love since losing weight. Here's a few but not in any particular order ...
Crossing my legs
Wearing heels
Feeling more girly again
Being able to climb flights & flights of stairs
Doing 9 mile hikes for over 3 hours & not collapsing after
Seeing my collar bones
Inner thighs don't rub like they used to
I actually enjoy a good sweat session while working out now
Shopping is fun again (but not fun on my pocketbook)
Even my fingers got pretty thin so I like wearing funky rings now

Life is great & just keeps getting better!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Marie M.
on 8/2/12 4:13 am - PA
NSV's out the whazoo...

My thighs no longer rub together
Can easily cross my legs
Run up and down steps without getting winded
Going shopping in normal sized stores and finding that size medium is TOO BIG
Feeling attractive and more feminine again and getting loads of compliments
Being told by many people that I look 20 years younger (I'm 50) and look a lot like I did in high school (I was skinny then)
Knowing that sometimes I am the skinniest person in the room
People who have known me my entire life not recognizing me
Fingers and feet much skinnier
Not worried if the seat is gonna break underneath me
Sleep apnea...GONE
Cholesterol dropped from 244 to 140 in 6 months
Perfect labs
Weighing only 8 more pounds than my 5 ' 7" 18 year old daughter  (I'm only 5' 3.5")

Age: 50    Ht: 5' 3.5"    SW: 261   BMI: 45.5    CW: 119.4   BMI: 20.8   Goal in 9.5 months   (23.6  lbs below goal)   Total lost:  141.6 lbs   Inches lost:  84.25"
  Month one: 22.2 lbs;  Month 2:  17.4 lbs;   Month 3: 11 lbs;  Month 4: 13 lbs;  Month 5: 11.4 lbs;  Month 6: 9.2 lbs;   Month 7: 13.2 lbs;  Month 8: 9 lbs;  Month 9: 10.2 lbs;   Month 10:  3.6 lbs:   Month 11:   7.6 lbs   Month 12:  5.8 lbs                                    

Tia T.
on 8/2/12 2:30 am
These are all so great!! It is amazing how BIG the little things are! Congratulations on yours and I am so excited for mine.
                                Looking for my inner peace

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views