what can I eat?

dreamingthin1
on 8/5/12 8:02 am - miami, FL
What is an acceptable amount of carbs and sugars one year out of surgery.  I keep getting comflicting answers on this topic.

Shagdoll
on 8/5/12 8:39 am
Hi there,
I think it depends on a couple of things. First, your doctor's diet plan, and secondly, if you are at goal by 1 year or not. I am almost 1 year out in the losing phase and still try to follow 40 grams of carbs or less. On my good days, I average between 20-30.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

dreamingthin1
on 8/5/12 12:00 pm - miami, FL
Thank you for the reply.

Adhara
on 8/5/12 12:12 pm, edited 8/5/12 12:19 pm - FL
From what I understand you should be aiming for sub 40 grams of carbs, even a year out.... but it Honestly depends on your level of activily. A person that's running 5ks all the time and/or lifting heavy, will need a bit more of healthy carbohydrates than a more sedentary person. I'd ask my Nutritionist for a more accurate number...
  Follow me on tumblr:  http://newnegativespace.tumblr.com/  VSG : 7/19/2012

califsleevin
on 8/5/12 3:29 pm - CA
It is basically a personal and/or physician's choice - surgeons' plans are all over the map on this, though the low carb/less than 40g plan is popular at the moment; I averaged 2-3 times that through my loss phase without any problems. The sleeve has little in the way of dietary requirements and responds well to most any approach that is workable without WLS. Generally, simple carbs/sugars are minimized with most plans with complex carbs being preferred, but even that can be flexible depending upon individual energy requirements.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views