Good to Know

cassi777
on 8/7/12 10:15 am
VSG on 07/03/12
 I have seen/heard people talking about foods can't tolerate. I've always wanted to know HOW one knows they can't tolerate a certain food or drink. Since my surgery, I haven't experienced any times when I wasn't able to keep my drink or food down or be comfortable with it.

Well that all has changed...I know that right now I can not have ground beef or any sausage. How do I know this you may ask yourself as I once did? When I eat them, they hit my stomach like a ROCK and just sit there for a bit and really just doesn't feel good. 

I also wanted to know pre-surgery HOW I would know I was full when eating soup, jello, soft foods, regular foods, etc. Well, trust me, your pouch will tell you! For me, if I'm eating slow and really concentrating I start having what I call the hiccup burps. It's a combo of a burp and a hiccup and that tells me I'm full. Been that way since day 1. HOWEVER, if I'm in the midst of conversation and NOT paying attention (which is so terribly bad for me right now) I will get this little gurgle and pain right at the top of my pouch. If it's real bad, I feel like vomitting. Fortuntately, I have only experienced these more unpleasant feelings and signs maybe 3 times. You learn fast when to listen and when to stop.

So I say to those getting ready to take the plunge and join the loser's bench, eat slowly and LISTEN to your stomach! Good luck and rock out that sleeve!!!!!!!
HW: 179 Pre-Op: 162
Goal: 115lbs  

MuttLover
on 8/7/12 10:51 am
VSG on 11/14/12
 Thanks for the tips!  There are a lot of things in life that I am more than willing to learn from the experience of others, rather than experience them myself -- and everything about understanding the sleeve falls into that category!  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 70 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 262 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 325 views