ONEDERLAND!!!!!

seeingmyselfthere
on 8/7/12 12:18 pm
VSG on 03/07/12
Hello Everyone! I just had to pop in and let you know this past week I finally hit Onederland - I weighed in this morning at 194lbs.  I've lost 110lbs and it's finally starting to sink in - the real affect this journey has had and is having in my life.  I'm so happy I had the opportunity to have this procedure - I'm grateful for my extremely supportive family and friends and most of all I'm grateful to God for another chance to do things differently and experience life in a healthier way.

Not a lot has changed in my diet or exercise - I still keep my calories under 700 per day (and I don't eat my burned calories from exercising) - I walk 3 miles/hr, 5 - 6 days a week.  I have stopped forcing the breakfast and lunch meals from a traditional standpoint. I still eat these meals, but I don't eat when I'm not hungry. At first I would eat breakfast every day after my workout - even though I wasn't hungry and I noticed I felt miserable. Now, I schedule the same food, but I wait until I'm hungry before I eat - and I feel so much better and even more in control of what I'm doing.

I've added 1lb ankle weights to help amp up the calorie burning without having to add more time to my schedule. Next will be the wrist weights. After that I'll have to bump up to 3.5 - 4 miles. But so far, so good. 

I will say, the amazing thing I've discovered is when I hit a stall (technically not a stall because it's only a few days of not losing on the scale, but...), if i bump up my carbs and calories for 24 - 48 hours I lose 4 - 5lbs and it jump starts the losing again. Not sure if that will work for anyone else, but hopefully it encourages you to look at things differently when you get to those slow down moments. Of course, if you're not tracking it's hard to know what you're doing or what to change - so please, please, please - find a tool that works for you and will allow you to track your eating and activity.

Last thing (and I wish I could post pics, but... then I'd have to kill you - rofl!!!). Last nite we celebrated my good friends birthday. At the party we had a professional exotic dancer that teaches technique - all I can say is, I STILL GOT IT BABY!!! lol  I had so much fun and felt so comfortable in my skin - biggest NSV ever. 

Well, that's it for now. Need to go practice some of my new moves on my hubby!  You guys take care - and be good yourself!

Margaret

debk21
on 8/7/12 12:25 pm - Mansfield, TX
Congrats Margaret!  Sounds like you're doing Onderfully!!!!  Awesome NSV!  Sounds like fun for everyone...

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

seeingmyselfthere
on 8/7/12 10:00 pm
VSG on 03/07/12
TYTYTY Debk21!!! It was sooooo much fun!!!! I was shocked at how sore I was the next day - more of a workout than I anticipated. lol
fireman441
on 8/7/12 12:26 pm - CT
VSG on 03/26/12
 thats super ..best of luck keep it up ...

seeingmyselfthere
on 8/7/12 10:02 pm
VSG on 03/07/12
Thanks Fireman441!!!! I'm definitely feeling motivated - seems like hitting these milestones is just the boost I need to keep going.
moonglo82
on 8/7/12 12:28 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
Congrats! You're doing great

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

seeingmyselfthere
on 8/7/12 10:02 pm
VSG on 03/07/12
TYTYTY Moonglo82!!!
michieluvsu
on 8/7/12 12:47 pm - WA
 Awesome!

Michele

seeingmyselfthere
on 8/7/12 10:03 pm
VSG on 03/07/12
Thanks Michieluvsu!!
econtiff
on 8/7/12 12:56 pm - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
Great story!

Thank you for posting the tips also. i am a believer in the bumping up the carbs to jump start a little weight loss also. Sometimes you just have to shake things up!

Do you walk indoors or outdoors? I've seen some people also add an incline to the treadmill to change it up a bit so you don't have to necessarily walk further.

Maybe add in a Zumba class? Sounds like you like to shake it!!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views