Coreg and weight loss

Christine45
on 8/7/12 9:53 pm
Is there anyone else out there that is on coreg?  I want to see if this is just me or if this is normal.  I had been off of coreg for almost 2 years but before the sleeve surgery the doctors decided that they wanted me back on it...through the surgery and I reluctantly agreeded.  I was sleeved on 6-18 and since then I have lost 34 pounds but I am now having problems with a stall and a 1-2 pound weight gain.  I am carefully tracking my food and my exercise and even lowered calories and added more exercise but I actually gained two pounds and have since lost one...it is very sickening.

When I was on coreg in the past I gained 30 pounds and when I stopped taking it I lost 30 pounds in a little over a month.  When I cut it in half a couple of weeks ago the scale dropped a number of pounds almost immediately. 

In my past experience with doctors once you are on a medicine they don't want you off of it a lot of times.  This doctor is pretty new to me as I have only been seeing him less than a year.  I really like him a lot and I hate to get into a battle with him over this.  The original heart condition I had was pregnancy induced and I totally recovered from it but the insurance company as well as my surgeon wanted me back on meds "just in case" 

I am sorry to ramble like this but just wanted to know if other had similar problems loosing weight or stalling while on certain meds.  My husband tells me that if I keep doing what I am doing things will sort themselves out but right now it doesn't feel like it when I am working so hard and I am not seeing any progress...sigh and double sigh.

A. Hartford
on 8/7/12 10:54 pm - KS
I cant say anything as far as the meds but i can remind you that stalls are normal... I was sleevedon 6-14 and hit my first stall about 2 weeks ago and it lasted a week and a half, no matter how hard i tried to not let it get to me it did, and i actually gained 4lbs during that time despite sticking to plan... once the stall finally broke those 4 plus a few more dropped almost overnight... keep your head up and keep rockin that sleeve!!

Most Active