Surgery Wed - still no ins approval!

toniosmom
on 8/13/12 5:46 pm
I am freaking out right now.  My surgery is Wednesday morning and the insurance company still has not approved the procedure.  Today, they asked for a weight history from my doctor (basically a list of what my weight has been over the past 5 years).  Apparently, the letter he did stating that I have been morbidly obese for the past 10+ years isn't enough.  

Someone needs to talk me off the ledge..... 

Bellaluna468
on 8/13/12 5:52 pm
RNY on 10/26/12
 I'm surprised they would schedule without prior approval.

Hopefully it will get resolved for you quickly.  Hang in there!

jolenecsky
on 8/13/12 5:53 pm - Franklin, KY
VSG on 08/15/12
Oh wow, I would be freaking out too!! My doctor's office would not give me a date until they had the insurance approval letter in hand. They better get a move on!!

DOS: 8/15/12

maryelly
on 8/13/12 6:08 pm - MD
My approval  came in at 4pm on Friday for surgery on Tuesday at 10 am. Call and keep on calling your insurance company and your doctor's office until someone pushes through your approval. Good Luck :)
HW 267  SW 227 GW 150    

toniosmom
on 8/13/12 7:47 pm
My surgeon gave me a surgery date the first time I visited his office.  I liked that it gave me a date to shoot for, but this last-minute insurance scramble is making me nuts.  I'm stressed out enough at the idea of having surgery (which I've never done), but I certainly didn't need this extra stress.  I can't believe that I have starved myself for the past week, preparing myself both mentally and physically, and the insurance has not yet approved.  So frustrated.

jolenecsky
on 8/13/12 7:52 pm - Franklin, KY
VSG on 08/15/12
I agree....you need to be calling that insurance company CONSTANTLY. Ask to speak to a supervisor. Whatever you need to do to get some results. And tell them that you have been on this pre-op diet for the last week.

DOS: 8/15/12

Bellaluna468
on 8/15/12 12:40 am, edited 8/15/12 12:24 pm
RNY on 10/26/12
 Hi...was hoping you would update on your status...I'm hoping you got it resolved.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views