surgery is tomorrow!! HELP!!!

Joeyb278
on 8/12/12 2:30 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 08/13/12
Hello all, my VSG surgery is tomorrow morning. I am very nervous and a little anxious!! Although I'm a little embarrased to admit this I'm on the brink of tears.. Any advise that anyone can offer would be appreciated. I would like an idea of what to expect and what is normal reactions to have. Thanks!!!

My Journey has officially started!!! Joey B!!!  HW: 530lbs ~ SW: 428lbs ~ GW: 180lbs 

Jaybee766
on 8/12/12 2:35 pm - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
It's completely normal to be nervous/anxious.  We pretty much all were I think.  Just know that youve done your research, your doctor has done this many times before, you'll be surrounded by medical professionals and you'll be asleep (lol!).  You'll be amazed at how fast it all goes tomorrow.  You'll be waking up wondering if it really happened!  Then the fun begins.  You'll be great!  Keep in touch with us here on OH.  You've got us all in your corner cheering you on!!!
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

itzmetinab
on 8/12/12 2:42 pm - WV
VSG on 07/16/12
 Hang in there!  You're feelings are very normal!  My doctor said he'd be worried if I wasn't anxious!  And as the previous post says, you'll be surprised at how fast it goes!

Highest weight:  294  Surgery Weight:  281  Goal weight:  150
M1 - 20.6 M2 - 16.6 M3 - 17 M4 - 11 M5 -10.2

TennisGirl
on 8/12/12 2:42 pm - OH
 My surgery is tomorrow also! I spent all day cleaning and doing laundry to keep my mind off the nerves. This is the right decision for me and I'm sure for you too. Let's go get this done!!!
Joeyb278
on 8/12/12 3:18 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 08/13/12
I'm going to start some house chores rite now too. Thanx for the suggestion my mind is everywhere rite now. Lol. Good luck to u tomorrow. I hope all goes well. Let me know how it goes!!

My Journey has officially started!!! Joey B!!!  HW: 530lbs ~ SW: 428lbs ~ GW: 180lbs 

Airpun79
on 8/12/12 2:48 pm - Jacksonville, FL
1st of all, congrats!

Like others have said, its normal to be nervous/anxious....I know I was!  It'll be over b4 you know it.  I'm not even a month out and I can already tell that this was the best decision I've ever made regarding my health.  Although I have a good ways to go to meet my goals, physically I feel the best I've felt in years. You'll do fine...just remember to stick to the plan provided by your surgeon. 
Keep us posted.

Good luck and take care! -Larry

HW: 360      SW: 351             CW: 212         GOAL: 200 
Monthly Weight Loss Progression:
M1:-46 M2:-24 M3:-14 M4:-17 M5:-9 M6:-13 M7:-7 M8:-5  M9:-1 M10:-3 M11:-8 M12: -10

Serenisis
on 8/12/12 3:15 pm - Coquitlam, BC, Canada
VSG on 08/13/12
 Mine is tomorrow too! I'm making sure I keep busy and find time to relax with my family tonight.  I don't feel any nerves yet, but that could happen once everyone else goes to bed during my quiet time...we'll see.  

Regardless, we are going to get through this and by this time tomorrow we will be ready to start a new journey that will change our lives!!

Best of luck, my surgery buddies! Wish you all a safe and uneventful recovery...
             HW: 401 --- 1st Consult: 373 --- SW: 333, lost 68lbs total pre-op!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Joeyb278
on 8/12/12 3:23 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 08/13/12
Thank u for ur words of encouragement. I really NEED to hear them rite now. I will try to post up tomorrow once its all done. Good luck to u ladies whose also going in tomorrow. I will be praying for everyone.

SouthernmostStar
on 8/12/12 3:46 pm
VSG on 01/25/12
It's absolutely normal to be nervous and anxious, but try not to let it so take over your head and emotions that you can't sleep tonight.  Remember that your surgeon and his/her team have done these surgeries before.  You had a thorough evaluation of your health with all of the tests leading up to this point.  When in doubt, just breathe deep, calming breaths and envision all the wonderful things you'll experience as you continue to lose weight.

Tomorrow morning when they prep you for the surgery, shortly before they wheel you down to the O.R. they usually give you a preparation medication to help you relax.  I forget what it's called but the nurse joked that it's the "Okay, whatever" med.  My sis-in-law was with me.  She's a nurse practitioner and she had cautioned me that this drug sometimes makes you a little more emotional.  It was the first time that I got a little weepy when I was saying good bye to her.  A minute and a half later I was asleep and don't even remember the rest of the trip to the O.R. 

Good luck to you.  Welcome to your new life.

Mary

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Joeyb278
on 8/12/12 4:16 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 08/13/12
Thanks mary. I will definately keep that in mind. I just wi**** would be tomorrow already. Lol!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views