Scheduled! VSG

blessedbutlers
on 8/15/12 6:08 pm - TX
 So very excited!  My insurance excludes any type of weight loss surgery so I am self pay.  A friend of mine suggested Mexico....I quickly responded with a NO WAY!  After hours upon hours of research I am scheduled to visit Dr. Alvarez in Mexico!  GSV! My mom is freaking out!  I am Freaking EXCITED! Passports have been applied for, deposits sent....now just wait!  The MAIN reason I am doing this is to hope it will eliminate my diabetes or at least reduce my 5 shots a day.  Bonus will be looking good again, LOL!

kamehanaokala
on 8/15/12 6:26 pm - HI

Yay! Just move forward. Don't let negatives try to change your mind. My mom tried to tell me how bad WLS was for people. I just laughed and said, "ma, you don't live in my body and you don't pay my bills".

Now she's happy for me that I'm happy as can be!!!!

I hope your diabetes gets a fat slap in the face. LOL

blessedbutlers
on 8/16/12 7:04 am - TX
Thanks!  After talking to my mom a little more she totally gets why I am having the surgery.  She herself had the surgery 28 years ago!  She is just worried about my safety having the surgery in Mexico.  I am a research-o-holic!  And I am comfortable in my choice!  I am just so excited!  2 months and counting!!!!
Most Active