Ok! I cheated.

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/12 3:07 pm
May I ask why your family thought that it's a good idea to bring chips, soda and cake to celebrate with someone *****cently had VSG?  I want you to really think about the answer.   You don't even need to answer me in particular, it really is not going to change my life one way or another, but maybe, just maybe, the answer could change your life and your son's life.  Just think about it.
INgirl
on 8/16/12 8:30 am, edited 8/16/12 8:34 am
.. just playing devil's advocate here.. but just because one person in a family recently has a situation where they cannot partake of cake & soda at her son's 14th bday party, why would anyone expect the son, and friends and rest of family should not enjoy a birthday cake? 

I know for me, I chose my surgery and lifestyle. I made no demands that everyone around me follow the same restrictions I put upon myself. Now, if her son ALSO had WLS, yes- that would have been inappropriate.. but otherwise... just a different opinion on my side. Now, I would have sent those chips and any leftovers home with the guests, but that's another matter!

I'm not coming down on you at all, just offering a different view. ;)

BIG EDIT!!
I just read the back posts, and it appears her son did have WLS??.. yes, YES! You are correct, this is something to really look into.. I assumed that he being 14 must have had some other surgery, and not WLS.. Yike. Mea Culpa.

FACEPALM.. I'm done.. I read 14th (birthday) not birthday on the 14th. I am having a senior moment 30 years early.. forgive me... **backing away from thread..**

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/12 3:35 pm
I am sorry, the way I read the original post is that the son also had the VSG.  That is what I was referring to here.  I also did not pick-up on the fact that he is 14.  I would have answered differently if I had read that correctly.  Thanks for pointing it out.
INgirl
on 8/16/12 3:36 pm
No, I'm the confused one.. not you! It appears he did, and I mis-read the date as the age! Ugh.
Desari63
on 8/16/12 4:15 pm - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
Okay..just to be clear when reading...

the son had a birthday on the 14th and he had the surgery just a week prior to his birthday..he's not 14...but it reads like that doesn't it..?

Barbara McKeown

Evymetalmommy
on 8/16/12 4:18 pm - LA
VSG on 04/19/12
I had my surgery a couple of months before my sons 10th bday.  We still got him a cake but we did not have a party at home w/ tons of extra food.  The temptation would have ruined me.  We got him an awesome cake and sent the leftovers home w/ someone else.  We all had dinner at a nice place, everyone shared the cake (not me), then presents.  It wasn't the usual but it's what works for me and my situation. 

We are also having a bday party next month for my about to be 2 year old.  There will be TONS of food but it's all going home with family members.  It will not sit in this house.  No way...no how. 

I'm concerned (as others seem to be) that you guys aren't making the best choices.  Cake/chips this soon after VSG might not be the right thing.  But regardless of what is done already GET THE CARBS OUT THE HOUSE!!!! 

Hope you both stay on the right track. 
incredibleshrinkingevy.blogspot.com/ My Blog!!

fran67
on 8/16/12 4:25 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/08/12
I agree with everyone else. Just throw them out. If you bring them to work, you will be tempted again!!

4' 11" HW 218 SW 214 Original Goal of 125 in 8.5 mos Lowest Weight 119 CW 133 Trying to get back in the 122-128 range 

mizvicky
on 8/16/12 4:49 pm - MO
VSG on 08/07/12
Kill 2 birds with one stone. Toss that bag of chips on the floor and do at least a 20 minute victory dance on its  evil azz !! Then walk  that dead smashed carcass out to the trash where it  belongs !!
Vicky            
Carmelita
on 8/16/12 5:17 pm - Four Corners, NM
Aca-Verity
on 8/17/12 1:46 am - Canada
VSG on 06/06/12
I would HAVE to throw them away......being a carbaholic, the temptation would be sheer torture!

Verity

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 259 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views