Ok! I cheated.

barber64
on 8/16/12 1:33 pm - Temecula, CA
VSG on 06/06/12

On the 14th was my sons Birthday. my daughter bought chips and husband soda. we did get my son a cake. (mind you my son had his surgery one week before me VSG). which I had two bits of it. but the part I cheated on was the chips. Now that she has left the chips are still here. they are so temping. I will go to work tomorrow and take them with me and share with everyone else.  but yesterday I did gain one pound but today I'm down to 196.  I have lost a total of 51lb. I need to get back on track.

kamehanaokala
on 8/16/12 1:44 pm - HI

Get those evil carbs outta your house immediately!! Once you start eating carbs, it's hard to break the cycle. Evil evil evil and super addicting. I've been reading Wheat Belly. It's an eye opener for sure. Put a big piece of tape on the bag so you can't be tempted to open it. Put it in a brown bag, so you can't see it staring at you. LOL  Put the bag in your car right this minute so you can bring it to work tomorrow.

Don't be tempted. LOL

synthangel
on 8/16/12 1:56 pm - NV
VSG on 11/02/12
 I would probably open up the bag, and dumb all the chips straight into the dumpster... :)
louisamay
on 8/16/12 2:02 pm
VSG on 04/27/12
THROW THEM IN THE TRASH.

If you're worried about wasting money--the money is spent and it's not coming back whether they get eaten or shoved down the garbage disposal, so that won't wash.

If you think the people you work with will enjoy them, well, so what?  You NOT having tempation under your nose is what this is about, not being the nice guy/gal who brings goodies to work.

And if you're holding onto them until tomorrow so you can sneak a few more...

GET RID OF THEM!

(And I say that with all the love in the world!)

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

barber64
on 8/16/12 7:12 am, edited 8/16/12 7:12 am - Temecula, CA
VSG on 06/06/12
Its not the money.

But I did put the chip bags in a bag near my front door so I will not forget to take them to work.
at least they are out of the kitchen.

But thank you for all your support

considering2012
on 8/16/12 2:09 pm
I vote for throwing them away. If they have proven to be your poison, why hand the poison to someone else. Nobody needs chips.
dr_spatula
on 8/16/12 2:17 pm
VSG on 07/27/12
Yep, either throw them away or give 'em to a neighbor or something. Just my $0.02.

INgirl
on 8/16/12 2:26 pm
Unsolicited opinion- open the chip bag, pour dish detergent on them, shake & deposit in trash.. Why would you want to bring something that tempts you to work, where you will be, and be tempted there too? It's better in the trash than sitting on the lunchroom table calling to you for 8 straight hours.
nanarama
on 8/16/12 5:55 pm - PA
VSG on 07/09/12
Amen!!  Everything INgirl says!
rhearob
on 8/16/12 7:34 am, edited 8/16/12 7:36 am - TN
 Throw the chips away, down the disposal, down the toilet, whatever.  Its not a sin.

You need to educate your family on what is appropriate now that you and your son have both had a VSG and what you can eat, especially if its too much for you to resist.

A nice dinner could have been made that would not have thrown either of you off your diets.  

Work on both educating your family, and on WHY you cheated.  IF you knew that these were not in your plan, not healthy, why did you need to eat them?  I say it all the time this journey is about what we do in our heads not in our kitchens.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Most Active