So bummed

jonilindgren
on 8/16/12 5:14 pm - MN
VSG on 05/17/13

OK, so I have been waiting for what I thought was my approval letter from my ins. company to find out today after 3 months of doing what I thought was all the things they needed, that I have to have a 6 month documented diet. So not what I wanted to hear. I wanted to have this done by the end of this year since I had double knee replacement the beginning of this year and have met my deduct able for this year. I guess it is what it is. Now my big question is, my BMI is 41.5 now and need it to be at least 40 for them to consider it. Do I actually have to show a weight loss from going to the nutritionist or just an improvement?

PoohHag
on 8/16/12 5:16 pm - TN
VSG on 06/11/12
 From what I understand, you don't have to show a weight loss at all.  It's really just a postponement technique used by insurance companies to discourage people.

Do you have any recent diet documentation so that you can shave off a few months?  I think some people try that.
jonilindgren
on 8/16/12 5:18 pm - MN
VSG on 05/17/13
Not real recient, did WW a little over a year ago.
Cinderella50
on 8/16/12 6:28 pm - NY
VSG on 08/29/12
 My ins. Required 6 consecutive month's of weigh ins supervised by my doctor. I  also included my Www record and had my doctor sign off on it. The ins. required it be within the last 2 years. So I gave them 2 years worth!

synthangel
on 8/16/12 6:34 pm - NV
VSG on 11/02/12
 If you did WW for 6 months I have seen other peoples insurance accept that. Of course all insurance providers are different but I would give it a whirl :)
jonilindgren
on 8/17/12 3:23 am - MN
VSG on 05/17/13
Thank you for the info. I will see if I can get them to give me my records of attendence.
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 196 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views