almost 11 month update

amidwife4u
on 8/17/12 6:06 pm
So everyone has been telling me that I am looking great and appear to be losing more....even though the scale has not moved much.  I haven't measured for about 2 months, so I finally measured today.

Officially, I am down 69.5 lbs and have lost 51.75 inches since I had my surgery.  I have lost 5 inches off my body in the last 6 or 8 weeks since I measured last!  I was amazed that I have lost 10 inches off of my hips!  I have lost 6 inches off each thigh! 

I recently bought some new clothes for work cause everything was hanging off of me and bought mostly size 8 slacks and bought them so they were a little tight.  I am nearing goal, so thought this would be safe.  Today, one of those new pairs of pants is getting loose!  So excited!   I guess I'll just deal with these clothes for awhile and then get to go shopping again once I reach goal and my weight levels out.  I am hoping to have a total loss of 72-75 lbs by my one year surgiversary.  Not too concerned about lbs lost...really looking for that target size!  My goal was to be a size 6 by the Christmas party this year!  So excited....looks like I'm definitely going to do that!

Many folks are telling me I don't need to lose any more, but I am just trying to ignore that.  I am 150 lbs and for my height I shouldn't be more than 140.  I just want a normal BMI!  Hopefully I'll be there soon.  Just 10 more lbs for that!

I need to figure out how to do photos on here so I can post my journey.  I promise to figure it out by my 1 year surgiversary!

HW 232 SW 218  WT when leaving hospital 219.5
Nadurra Deb
on 8/17/12 6:13 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
It's sounds like you have done really well! It's good that you measured. I did that too because we will hit phases where we don't lose lbs but we do keep slimming down. You sound like you are to the point where you are building muscle as fast as burning fat so it looks like you aren't losing anything when you are changing. That's great! Whatever you are doing is working so keep doing it even if you don't see any changes on the scale. It's great to hear success stories!

I'm just 11 days out of surgery. Though I've already lost more in the past 2 weeks than I have before, I still can't even imagine fitting into a size 8 let along a size 6! My goal weight is the same as yours.

Don't listen to people who are telling you not to lose more. Only you know where your best maintenance weight will be. Remember these people are use to seeing you overweight. So you look really skinny to them compared to the person they have always known.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views