Anyone have a bad reaction to sucralose?

MyTurn2012
on 8/25/12 9:18 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/24/15
 Just wondering if anyone else  has experienced a bad reaction to sucralose? Yesterday I bought Detour protein bars and about an 1/2 hour or so after eating one I felt weird, and then really bad chest pain. Scared me pretty good..but went away after a few minutes.  Today I had another bar and same reaction...the only ingredient I was not sure of was the sucralose.  I looked online and it can cause these sympthoms and a few more that weren't pleasant.  I wonder what impact it will have on my after sleeve diet when it is recommended we eat sugar free things..I'm  guessing many of those products contain this.
myally24
on 8/25/12 9:28 pm
VSG on 04/02/12
I HAVE THE SAME EXPERIENCE, I FIND THE STEVIA IS BETTER ON MY TUMMY THEN THE SPLENDA. CRYSTAL LIGHT HAS A NEW LINE USING THE STEVIA IN REPLACEMENT IN SUCRALOSE.
MyTurn2012
on 8/25/12 9:38 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/24/15
 Thanks for the info..will have to try that.  
Cinderella50
on 8/26/12 5:38 am - NY
VSG on 08/29/12
 I am still pre-open****il wed.!) But had bad digestive problems in the past. Mostly diarrhea, frequently with sharp gas pains. I thought it was from dairy and started to use lactate products. Some trelief but not always. I mentioned to my pop.. He told me to watch the artificial sweeteners cause" they'll kill you" so I switches to trivia and cut out all products, even those I loved, that contained scurrilous and aspartame. WOW! I'm so much better. Now on this preoperative liquid diet there are so few choices I have allowed myself a little bit of those products and have some of the symptoms again.I found some protein shakes that use Stevie and feel much better. After surgery, I will eliminate them totally again. 
I hope this helps you out.

MyTurn2012
on 8/26/12 8:00 am - Canada
VSG on 04/24/15
 Hi..WOW your Dr said they'd kill you..wonder what he knows that the rest of us don't!  I never could tolerate aspartame...made me sick to the stomache so I've always avoided artificial sweeteners. Hadn't ever tried the sucralose and figured I'd have to incorporate this stuff into my new eating lifestyle...guess I'll just forgo all of these..even a bit nervous to give the stevia a try. Time to do some research! 

Thanks for the info!
LDallas
on 8/26/12 7:47 am
VSG on 10/25/12
Hi, i am pre-op. Have had problems with sucralose in the past. Liquid forms..i get a headache. I've had trouble with leg pain, some websites say it can cause muscular issues. So i stopped using it. Good luck.
MyTurn2012
on 8/26/12 8:01 am - Canada
VSG on 04/24/15
 This stuff sounds like it needs a warning label!  
katym
on 8/26/12 8:12 am - PA
have you tried the Nectar Naturals protein powder? It is made w/stevia. I like the Natural Orange but have not tried the Natural Peach or Natural Fruit Punch yet.
MyTurn2012
on 8/26/12 8:29 am - Canada
VSG on 04/24/15
 Hi thanks..I will look for them! 
mil510
on 8/26/12 8:14 am
 If you read about sucralose, there are A LOT of negative and damaging things about it. Stevia comes from a plant and is (at least supposedly)natural.  Almost every respected physician will recommend Stevia and warn against the artificial products. It takes a little getting used fo, but once you do, it will taste just like sugar. Good Luck!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 183 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 452 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 478 views