Probiotics post surgery

jarabacoagirl
on 8/24/12 6:56 am, edited 8/24/12 6:59 am
VSG on 12/17/12
I was just wondering is there anywhere that sells a good probiotic that's in liquid form since we can't take capsules post surgery.
I have the best probiotics right now.  It's called Ultimate Flora Critical Care. It's has 30 billion strains of the good stuff (live probiotics)  It work great when I get bloated and consitpated (IBS)   It works almost like an easy going laxative. Problem is how can I take it post surgery since it's a capsule?  I get so bloated and cramped from my IBS but when that happens I take this probiotic and it work usually within 1 hour. 
Any VSGer's use probiotics?  The really strong ones I'm talking about.  30 billion or higher?

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

INgirl
on 8/24/12 7:08 am
I use Primal Defense Ultra.. it's a capsule, but caps & tabs are only things you need to avoid for the first couple weeks at most.. many of us were given either or both fairly early after surgery, some were advised to skip them for the first month- but we have a fully functioning stomach, so it's not a life-long ban. If you are wanting to take it soon after surgery, just open the cap and pour onto whatever soft food you're eating, it should be fine.
econtiff
on 8/24/12 7:22 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
I did wait three months before taking my probiotics again. Oddly enough, I got a terrible ear infection before I started back up on them. I cut mine in half though but swallow everything else very easily. These aren't coated so it's hard to swallow.
Randy T.
on 8/24/12 12:26 am, edited 8/24/12 12:27 am - VA
 I am still pre-op, but these (BioGaia) were recommended for me and my kids.  They are chewable, so hopefully that will take away the swallowing issue.  Also, the version for babies IS liquid, so if you prefer that I'm sure you can just change the dosage.  Found at Target, Walgreens, and most other places. (sorry the picture is so huge...I'm still a noob at posting )

Most Active