12 days post op and feeling strange.. Help please!!!

Joeyb278
on 8/25/12 4:40 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 08/13/12
Hello all!! So I am now about to be 2 weeks post op and I'm having some movement feelings in my stomach. I'm not sure how to describe it, at first I thought it was my pulse that I was feeling. But it feels different. When I check my pulse while feeling the movement it was different. It doesn't hurt and its not like a gassy feeling it's just movement that I feel. If anybody has dealt with this please let me know?? I'm still on full liquids but I've only been able to tolerate lactose free & fat free milk. Will I able to be normal again???

My Journey has officially started!!! Joey B!!!  HW: 530lbs ~ SW: 428lbs ~ GW: 180lbs 

BigJohn78
on 8/25/12 5:13 pm - Spring, TX
VSG on 10/01/10 with
Hey Joey,
You still are pretty recent out of surgery so you will be feeling strange movements and hearing crazy sounds from your new stomach. If you are not having any pain I would think that it's just part of the healing/adjustment phase IMO. Congratulations on your surgery and if you have any questions don't hesitate to shoot me a message.

John

HW:340lbs.  SW:310lbs.  GW:220lbs.  CW:190lbs.  WL:150lbs.
                        Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                     http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

***WWAD***

full-of-hopen
on 8/25/12 5:19 pm
Congrats on your surgery, agree with above.
Joeyb278
on 8/25/12 5:45 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 08/13/12
Thanx guys I will keep that in mind. Since this is very new to me things like this make me nervous!!

My Journey has officially started!!! Joey B!!!  HW: 530lbs ~ SW: 428lbs ~ GW: 180lbs 

Pkrplyr777
on 8/25/12 5:58 pm - CT
I'm here for you but I agee with the above.
Relax, stick to a plan, it will all work out.
congrats on the surgery.

cheers,
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
toniosmom
on 8/25/12 6:15 pm
I'm just two days behind you and the feeling I'm having isn't movement per se, but rather a gurgling or almost a growl from my stomach.   I've been feeling what I call an "almost growl" since immediately after surgery, but it is much less intense now than it was then.  Now that I'm consuming more food (cottage cheese, yogurt) rather than liquids, I find that I hear more of a gurgling noise, which seems like the food is working its way through my new stomach.  It's sounds like water going down a drain.  

Italian-Princess
on 8/25/12 6:19 pm - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Hi Joey

Welcome aboard!  Congrats on your surgery! 

Yes, those movements and noises are going to be there for quite a while.  I think our new tiny tummies are just cranky and are squirming and fussing and calling us ugly names for  the slicing and dicing we've put them through!  My tummy was constantly gabbing at me.......one day it sounded like she said Myrtle, so that's what I call her!  Kelly-Anne on OH here has a tummy named Fred! 

You asked about normal?  Does naming your tummy seem normal?  LOL LOL LOL  But, I know what you mean................yes, eventually, the movements and noises will lessen.  I'm about 8 weeks out and I still get what feels like movement that's not gas........and OH BOY, the gurgles and grumbles get loud sometimes..............still, there are days when Myrtle is quiet.

Keep posting, keep asking question............we are all here to help each other and we all want to see everyone be successful.

Glad to have you here!

Ree
Joeyb278
on 8/25/12 6:43 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 08/13/12
Thank you very much for the encouragement!!! It feels good to know that I'm not the only 1 having these "feelings".. Lol.. I will listen to my tummy to see if it gives a name to be called.. Lol.. Lol

Kelly-AnneH
on 8/25/12 11:56 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Hi Joey,
Your new tummy likes to remind you who is the boss - and it isn't you anymore. I find that especially when I eat drier food, like one of my small flax muffins, Fred has plenty to say. Heaven help me if I eat a crumb more than he likes - he's been known to send things back. He can also be quite rude about telling me he doesn't like a new food. He's especially NOT fond of cooked egg white and tap water. (our water has chlorine in it - sits like a brick)

You'll be normal again some day, but it'll be a new normal. That's just the way it is.

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 92 views