My First Six Days Post Op...My Blog Post

jtshack
on 9/3/12 1:42 am - SC
VSG on 08/28/12
I just put my first post on my blog under my profile. The post is entirely too long to put on the forum, but I wanted to reach out to anyone who's either considering the surgery or close to their surgery date who might be nervous and wondering what to expect. I have a friend who, along with her sister, is going the same place I went in another month or so and I documented in every which way I could to give them a full picture of what my experience entailed so they have a better idea of what to expect. This post gives an account of my first six days post op. If you're so inclined, you're welcomed to read it. Here's the link:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/jtshack/blog/2012/09/03/ge tting-sleeved---my-first-six-days/ 

Please be aware that the post is LOONG, but I was trying to be thorough for my friend and her sister. I didn't write about bits and pieces - I wrote as if I were writing a book about my experience. I hope it helps someone else the way other's posting of their experiences helped me in the days before my surgery.

~ Tracey from SC ~ VSG on 8/28/2012 with Dr. Lopez in Tijuana

Start - 250 ~ Surgery - 218 ~ Current - 145

bbearsmama
on 9/3/12 6:02 am
RNY on 02/28/13
 Thank you so much for posting this! It is SO helpful to a pre-opper.  I am bookmarking this!

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

SleeplessinAbitibi
on 9/3/12 7:23 am - Canada
VSG on 10/23/12
 Perfect post...very informative :)

Nathalie
neecie1123
on 9/3/12 11:50 am - NC
 I am one day ahead of you and I would have killed for this blog before my surgery.  Thank you for taking such pains in giving such detail.  I can only imagine how it will help the pre-op folks.  I will follow your progress and I wish you a speedy recovery and a smooth road to skinny!

jtshack
on 9/3/12 12:07 pm - SC
VSG on 08/28/12
Me too! I read and read and read trying to get all the knowledge I could about the procedure and what to expect! Odd as it may seem, although I started writing about my experience to help my friend and her sister, it was cathartic to me to mentally go back and remember each step along the way. As soon as I finished, I slept better than I had in days. I hope that you too have a speedy recovery! Isn't it exciting to get started on this journey?!

~ Tracey from SC ~ VSG on 8/28/2012 with Dr. Lopez in Tijuana

Start - 250 ~ Surgery - 218 ~ Current - 145

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 69 views