Tomorrow is another day....maybe the stall will end??

Pinkone
on 9/3/12 6:57 pm - Des Moines, IA
VSG on 08/13/12
 Just reading up on everyone's progress and things...hoping the day will come soon when the scale moves. I've been stalled since LAST SUNDAY! UGH! Went down a tiny bit, but back up. Literally ending up at the same place for last 9 days.

Posted a few days ago with more detail on my intake, etc, and I'm on track with foods (pureed stage), protein, water and vitamins. Even though my carbs aren't anything bad, I'm trying to cut them more. Also more minutes of exercise bike. Walked a few minutes in the n'hood today, but rain curtailed that effort after a bit. Will continue to add more minutes of exercise.

Supposed to start soft foods on Wednesday. My Nut defines that as anything I can put a fork through. 

Just here being a whiner, I guess! 
Tracey    
sleevegirl
on 9/3/12 7:01 pm - Austin, TX
The 3 week stall is common. Mine was 20 days. I lived. I stall about every other week now, it's just your body adjusting. Hang in there... it WILL come off... My 181 pounds have come off 1 pound at a time, usually stair stepping. I keep my #s in my profile (all the way at the bottom). DO NOT compare though. I started with a good 100 pounds more than you ;)

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Pinkone
on 9/3/12 7:37 pm - Des Moines, IA
VSG on 08/13/12
 Thanks for the note! I will check out your blog. I am losing patience with my scale and may start ignoring it. That'll teach it! 
Tracey    
Luvnall3
on 9/3/12 7:14 pm
Hey friend! Sorry you are stalling. I too have hit a bit of a rut. I lost 1lb this week. But the darn 1 pound is the same pound I keep losing and gaining. I am walking 5 days a week now. About 30 min. total. If I wasn't so weak so much I could do more. I am no where near the 1000 cal. suggested by doc, but am getting at least 80 in protein and carbs are around 40-50. I wonder the truth to those who say to  " raise your calorie intake to jump start the loss" 
I would try but I am only getting 400-600 on average & for me that's tough. I hope things get better for you. This too shall pass,
but dang it sucks.
I'm a Whiner today too!

31 yrs. old~Height : 5'4" HW: 265 * SW: 263 * CW: 181 * GW: 160

Pinkone
on 9/3/12 7:38 pm - Des Moines, IA
VSG on 08/13/12
 I hear ya!! I've lost 3 lbs more, but it came RIGHT BACK! Then 1 lb, then it came right back. THen 1/2, then right back it came. LOL
Tracey    
PoohHag
on 9/3/12 7:15 pm - TN
VSG on 06/11/12
 My first stall lasted over 3 weeks.  I finally decided to ignore the scale, up my water, and up my exercise.  It broke eventually, but not before it nearly broke my spirit.

Just keep moving!
Pinkone
on 9/3/12 7:36 pm - Des Moines, IA
VSG on 08/13/12
Thanks, everyone....logically, I know, I know. Emotionally, UGH! LOL
Tracey    
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/12 8:26 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
VSG on 12/15/12 with
Much better than to not be stalled at all and heading upwards like me. LOL, Cant wait for my surgery. Its been a long time coming. I imagine you will see big weight loss after the stall. Thats what they usually will lead too. Can't wait to see your progress! You guys keep me so motivated.
VirgoMommy304
on 9/3/12 8:31 pm - Las Cruces, NM
VSG on 08/13/12
Hello Tracey!  I had my surgery the same day as you 8/13.  I just broke my 1st week long stall today!  I didn't even get on the website all week because I didn't want to hear about how great everyone else was doing when I felt like my sleeve was a failure.  Yesterday I got on the treadmill for 1 hour, drank about 125 ounces of water, had my 2 EAS shakes and snacked on jerky and string cheese with a veggie burger for dinner.  My doctor said to eat normal food at my 1 week checkup just only take 4 bites and it has worked for me.  I eat tuna, veggie burgers, jerky, cottage cheese, string cheese and drink my shakes.  I couldn't handle not eating food, I felt horrible.  I have lost 24 pounds all post op.  I did not have a liquid diet or any weight loss before the surgery.  I know that everyone on here has different rules and diets but the exercise and eating what I have been works for me.  I need meat everyday.  I started back to my gym today and walked an hour on the treadmill.  I am going to do this everyday.  Good luck with your journey!
~Kristy
(deactivated member)
on 9/3/12 8:53 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
VSG on 12/15/12 with

VirgoMommy....I've been concerned that I would be too weak to work out. Do you feel loss of energy?

Most Active
Recent Topics