Meals

cassi777
on 9/11/12 4:41 pm
VSG on 07/03/12
 I have just realied that I dread eating now. It's like I am mourning the fact that I can't eat the amounts I used to. I, also, don't like the way it feels when I'm full now. So I find myself not wanting to eat and then getting really hungry. THEN I find that I am not eating actual meals, but more often I am eating "snack" food. For example, for dinner I just had cheese and pepperoni with a few crackers. Is this normal? It just seems like I am just constantly snacking.
HW: 179 Pre-Op: 162
Goal: 115lbs  

Elaine2
on 9/11/12 5:49 pm - Atlanta, GA
Please let me offer some advise. Other might not agree with me and if you don't like this just ignore me. It's offered in all seriousness.

This post caught my eye because I see danger for you. Constantly snacking.....that's how I got fat, fatter and fatter!!!!! Cheese and crackers were a particular favorite of mine. I grazed all day long everyday.

Now I eat at scheduled times---snack size meals generally but nutritious lean protein, a few veggies and protein shakes. I do this so that I don't get back into the snack food type habit. Do I have cheese and turkey pepperoni---sure---but it could be lunch (PS no crackers for me). "Snacks" are scheduled meals---1/2 shake at breakfast; 1/2 shake for my AM snack; lunch; dinner and either an afternoon or evening snack. I refuel 5 times a day. Almost always with quality food.

Note that I'm 2+ years out and have no hunger. I have only been "full" to the point of uncomfortable 1 time since surgery. Under eat your sleeve. Full is not a good feeling. Dense quality protein foods will keep you satisfied longer and help you avoid the snacking.

econtiff
on 9/11/12 7:34 pm - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
I agree with undereating your sleeve.

My doctor strongly recommends just 3 meals a day. That isn't feasible all the time but I try to have a protein shake for breakfast then 2 meals with all of my satiation being filled up with protein.

At night, I get stressed and want crunchy snacks so I keep celery and cauliflower cut and mix ranch dressing packet with greek yogurt so there's still protein in it.

Some days I wish I could eat more and choose not to eat at all. You have to eat, have little bits of different meats already prepared so you feel you have variety.

Grill a chicken breast, a little beef, a pork chop and then have some tuna salad mixed up. Gotta feel like you have options. All that will last you a week, though.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 259 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views