New here--sort of

msgypsylee
on 9/12/12 2:09 pm
Hi all,

Well I guess its time for me to jump into the VSG community officially. I was on OH alot a few years ago when I was expoloring Rou-XY. I was all the way through the approval process and then backed out at the last minute. I just couldn't get past the idea of re-routing my anatomy.

At the time VSG wasn't that commonly performed and wasn't even an option for my insurer at the time so I decided to just work on my weight myself. 40lbs later (HA HA) I finally decided this is the way to go for me. I've literally been fighting my obesity since I was 8 years old. Dieting and exercise alone just isn't going to work for me. I feel like I fought the good fight and now am accepting I NEED surgical intervention.

I met with a surgeon last month and got the ball rolling. Other than sleep apnea i don't have any cormorbidities. I'm one of the fit fat people-perfect surgar, cholesterol and blood pressure. I Know that won't last forever though.

I'm really looking forward to having this surgery. My neice had it done 2 years ago and she is doing really well despite her non-compliance. I've always enjoyed the gym and don't really have a problem with shakes or the post surgery diet. I think this will be a great fit for me.

I expected to have to participate in a 6mos diet but as it turns out my insurer doesn't require it. I basically just have to get a note from my IM that I've tried to lose weight in the past. I guess once I have all of the presurgery testing etc I'll be ready to go. My testing should be done by the end of Nov I think.

I look forward to getting to know you all on this journey. I'm so ready to not be fat anymore.

Sarah

Faye56
on 9/12/12 2:48 pm
VSG on 07/19/11 with

Welcome and congrats on making the big decision! I am a little over a year out and love, love love my sleeve! I know you will too.

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views