stomach virus

aled1223
on 9/14/12 6:07 am
We have a terrible stomach virus going around the school where I work.  I have not gotten sick or thrown up since day one of this surgery.  I am almost 12 weeks out.  Those of you that have had a stomach bug since vsg is it just the same as before or do you dehydrate quicker or is it more painful?   On a good note I finally hit the 40lbs loss today!

lucy2e
on 9/14/12 8:10 am - Laurel, MD
I've only thrown up a couple of times since surgery.  Got a stomach virus one - but worked on the other end...  

You can dehydrated quickly - so hydrate as much as you can - even drink extra now as a preparation.  Also get in some of the diet gatorade or powerade - the electrolytes will help too.  Finally, make sure you wash your hands constantly to try to avoid the plague! 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Jenfur
on 9/14/12 11:07 am
VSG on 06/25/12
I had it two weekends ago and it was pretty bad.  Should it hit you, don't worry about anything but your fluids because it is very easy to get dehydrated and it makes you feel even worse and makes it harder to recover.  Try the light gatoraide and water, even if it's just a few sips like in the early days after surgery, just make sure you are getting the liquids in, it's more important then worrying about the protein.  I would have loved to be able to do some ginger ale but being less then 3 months out I was afraid to risk it but on day two I did eat some saltines.  Also, don't be shocked to lose a bunch that week and then gain a pound or two back afterwards.  The actual pain isn't any worse but my husband was laughing at me because I kept asking how I could puke and other stuff so much when my stomach only holds 1/2 cup of food....he stopped laughing after he ran out of the room and puked realizing he had caught it too.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 227 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 303 views