Update from earlier post - got breast ultrasound, then biopsy

Ohiogirl
on 9/14/12 6:31 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
 Thanks to everyone who wished me well earlier in the day - I posted that my surgery is scheduled for Tuesday.  Yesterday I felt a sore lump in my breast - didn't want to proceed  to surgery without having it checked out - called in some favors from medical acquaintances - got in for mammogram and ultrasound today - was thinking I was probably overreacting but it turned out that I had to have a biopsy(actually three).  At best I should get the results around noon on Monday (again calling in favors) and i am supposed to start my pre op bowel prep at 10 am that day.  

Needless to say - I am sick with worry - I was already a nervous wreck just preparing for the sleeve surgery and now I am sitting here with a throbbing, painful breast, wondering if I have breast cancer and all that goes with it.  I survived kidney cancer 11 years ago so I am no stranger to cancer but I was hoping I would never have to hear those words again.  And maybe I won't, but it is going to be a long weekend - one that I was planning on using to prepare for my Tuesday surgery - you know, cleaning, shopping, doing all those last minute things.  Now I just don't feel like concentrating on those things and after having the biopsies today - I was told to take it easy for a couple days.  Monday - I will either find out I have breast cancer or i will find out I am going to have the sleeve surgery the next day.  Not sure I will be prepared mentally for either result - kind of in a haze and i feel I have been battling to have this surgery for so long - I'm just worn out.

So again - I ask for good thoughts and some prayers.  Thanks in advance.    Paula
ValentineCharmer
on 9/14/12 6:39 pm - TX
 That is quite a lot to be going through.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
prairie-dog-girl
on 9/14/12 6:41 pm
I've already prayed for you and hope you will be on your way Tuesday to a healthier life. I had a suspicious breast mass biopsied 2 years ago, and although it was negative, I remember well the fear and high anxiety while waiting for those results.With blessings and prayers-PrairieDogGirl
Lisa1023
on 9/14/12 7:10 pm
VSG on 03/05/13
 Oh boy, you have my thoughts and prayers.  I know how scarey that is.  At least you can get these things stat.  I hope it's just benign fibrocystic tissue.  
Kabooboo
on 9/14/12 8:05 pm
I'm sorry you are going through all of this stress right now. I had to have a breast biopsy a few years ago and I remember the waiting and trying now to worry. Big cyber hug to you!

Hislady
on 9/14/12 9:45 pm - Vancouver, WA
I won't tell ya not to worry cause you will anyway! However as a breast cancer survivor as a rule cancer lumps aren't painful and it sounds like they did a needle biopsy. They always do 3 pokes on that. They did that on a lump I have on my thyroid, it was negative too. I know once you've heard those words you never relax till you get the results. So I'm wishing you all the best and do try to relax and just take it easy till Mon.
Ohiogirl
on 9/14/12 10:04 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
 Thanks for sharing your own experience - you are right - I will worry all weekend - was planning on getting some good meals in before surgery but now I don't even feel like eating.  Hope you are right about the painful lumps being benign.  
I am going to go ahead with my preparations for Tuesday's surgery - trying to think positive even though I am kind of in a fog.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 9/14/12 10:55 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
Just what Hislady said. Cancer lumps in breasts especially are usually not painful or sore. That is why they often go undetected. Wishing you good results!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Ohiogirl
on 9/15/12 12:06 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
 I sure hope you guys are right!!!
Shagdoll
on 9/14/12 10:21 pm
Keep us posted. I am thinking of you!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active