5 days post op

NewtoYou
on 9/15/12 3:32 pm
VSG on 09/10/12
So, Had my surgery on Monday. It went well according to the surgeon. I was very scared, and am glad the anti anxiety meds Hey all. I had my surgery on Monday. Surgeon said it all went well. I was so nervous and scared, it's a good thing that the anti anxiety meds they gave me pre-op kicked in fast as I was about this () close to calling it all off.

I feel pretty good, the percocet they have given me for pain relief gives me a wickedly dizzy head so I have stopped taking it, wish I had some regular liquid tylenol or a chewable right about now, just to take the edge off.

I am having a bit of difficulty getting things in. My new stomach hurts when I drink water or anything really. I have the feeling like I have a TON of gas inside my new stomach and not just in my abdomen (which I still have).

My bowels finally moved today, what a relief that was! lol. I just wish I could get things in easier. Warm things seem to go in ok, i.e. cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup and tea. I also have enjoyed a few sugar free popcicles with no problem. I don't think it's because I'm drinking too much or too fast, it does it on the first sip even. :(

If anyone has any suggestions I'd happily take them!
MY food is fuel, not a reward.  Its purpose is to sustain my body, not my soul.   ~ rhearob
Learning to love myself.

kaitlyn1994
on 9/15/12 4:02 pm - Stapleton, GA
That is how I felt for the first couple days! Also for the gas, try using the gasx strips that desolve like the breath freshner strips. They seemed to work for me!!! Good Luck! Remember to walk... and sip... and repeat!!!:)
Katie Peters        
fireman441
on 9/15/12 4:36 pm - CT
VSG on 03/26/12
it only gets better slow but each day it will get better ..best of luck ..

MaryContrary80
on 9/15/12 4:46 pm
VSG on 09/04/12
 Another vote for the dissolving Gas X!!! Those things and walking were the best thing for me. Just do your best with sipping. They gave me a ton of those medicine 1 oz cups and I just tried to get 4 or more an hour. Congratulations!!! 
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views