6 month out & feeling fine

mjtierra
on 9/21/12 12:59 pm - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
It's acutally 6 1/2 months since I had my Sleeve done (March 8th) and I have to tell you it's been the absolute best thing, besides marrying my husband & giving birth to my 3 beautiful daughters, I have ever done for myself in my entire life. It hasn't always been a bowl of cherries, but for the most part it has been a bowl of protein! LOL.. any regrets??? Not one regret. As I see it you have to go into this procedure and new lifestyle and embrace it with open arms.. You can't look back or go into it with any negatve feelings. That also goes for surrounding your self with positive & supportive family members & friends.

I am only about 23-25 pounds from my goal, which is 150lbs. I started out at 244lbs two weeks prior to my surgery and currently fluxuate between 173-175. I  just recently bumped up my calorie intake from 800 to 1000 calories which is going according to my doctors plan. I bike ride an average to 25-40 miles per week, which I love. Prior to about 1 month ago I was going to the gym 3-4 days a wee****il my love for the road biking won my heart. I will still peak into the gym occasionally and I'm sure I will more so, once the weather gets to cold to ride outside, but right now love the bike trails.

What am I eating??? Breakfast, I usually will have a hard boiled egg, or a cream of wheat pkg, or pure protein bar or cottage cheese. Then snack, a protein shake. Lunch usually consists of 1-3 slices of reduced fat cracked pepper turkey with a 1/2 slice of cheese or baby bell semi soft cheese ball. Afternoon snack is another protein drink. Dinner is usually whatever the Fam Bam wants and I will eat whats good for me from what ever menu or if I cook I will cook some sort of protein, Beef, chicken or fish with healthy sides. Serving sizes are kept at anywhere from 3/4 c to 1 cup in total. Pretty simple.. 

The thing I love is that many of those around have jumped on the bandwagon of living a healthy lifestyle which are little miracles in it self. Another thing I want to add. From the get go, I was totally honest with all those around me on what I was going to have done. This made it very easy as I was losing weight, on minimizing the questions on how I lost weight. Those who didn't know and were complimenting me on my obvious weight loss, then usually followed the compliment with "how did you do it?". Well I told them I had weight loss surgery. I get that some may not agree with my decision but that's okay. Its "MY" decision and my body. It just made things a little more honest and I was surprised to then find others around me that had a WLS they felt comfortable opening up to me. That was a blessing. Just be honest and let the chips fall where they may. You just have to do "YOU".  

So any regrets??? NOPE, not this girl. Very happy with myself & life in general..

Thanks for listening

lolabigcups
on 9/21/12 1:05 pm - Napoleon, OH
VSG on 10/05/12 with
You are an inspiration! I am getting ready for surgery Oct.5th.I have had a lot of guilt feelings lately about spending the money away from my family(I'm self pay) and the fact that I overate and made myself get fat! My husband told me that I am doing the right thing,I know I am too but still feel guilty.I hope that I feel as good as you do 6 months from now.
Ohiogirl
on 9/21/12 1:18 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
 Not to hijack but I see you are in Ohio - can I ask where you are going for surgery - instate or out?
I am self pay also - heading to Cleveland for surgery on Oct 2.   Lets keep in touch. 
lolabigcups
on 9/21/12 7:40 pm - Napoleon, OH
VSG on 10/05/12 with
I am heading to Mexico to Dr.Alveraz..He has done well over 3700 wls surgeries and that makes me feel very confident in my decision.I couldnt begin to afford surgery in the states.He is half the price.Are you going to the cleveland clinic? who is your doc?
mjtierra
on 9/21/12 1:31 pm - CA
VSG on 03/08/12

Thank you so much... Don't feel guilty.. Leave your guilt behind with the lost pounds as you go forward. It is what it is & whats done is done.. On to the next wonderful journey in life. We have all been there and done that. You will do great. Can't wait to read & see your progress.. Sounds like your Husband will be a great support systems. Best of luck to you

lizardcc
on 9/21/12 2:29 pm - CA
You are doing great! I was sleeved on March 5 of this year. I am 22lbs away from my goal. So we are fairly close in weight loss and goals. Keep on truckin'! You look beautiful!

HW 271; SW 267; GW 167    
mjtierra
on 9/25/12 6:37 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
On September 21, 2012 at 2:29 PM Pacific Time, lizardcc wrote:
You are doing great! I was sleeved on March 5 of this year. I am 22lbs away from my goal. So we are fairly close in weight loss and goals. Keep on truckin'! You look beautiful!
Thanks so much. Congrats to you as well!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/12 8:09 pm - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12
Congratulations!! You are doing really well. Thanks for posting and letting us know. I love to hear about successes
mjtierra
on 9/25/12 6:38 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
Thank you, again it's the best darn thing ever!

Most Active