Have Mercy!

mkiyoko2008
on 9/22/12 9:01 pm - TX
VSG on 10/03/12
So its day 3 of my pre-op diet. Please someone help me, I cant choke down the protein shakes, this morning I tried strawberry and it literally came back up! The chocolate is even worse! I have headaches, Im nauseous and weak. Its only day 3! What the heck is going on???
How can I live on 4 weeks of protein shakes, when I can barely get past day 3?? Im drinking the Bariatric Fusion brand, does anyone have any ideas to help me or a different brand? Why am I so nauseous? I havent even had the surgery yet. I need some words of encouragement... please.
moonglo82
on 9/22/12 9:07 pm
VSG on 03/29/12
What are your doctor's requirements? Is it pretty much any brand?

If you are allowed to switch brands, I highly recommend Premiere Protein shakes in chocolate or vanilla. They are available at Sam's Club or Costco and come in a red and white box. I'm extremely picky, and I have been using these since my preop days just about daily.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

mkiyoko2008
on 9/22/12 9:11 pm - TX
VSG on 10/03/12
Im not sure what the requirements are, all I know is low carb and high protein. The shakes that I have only have like 7g of carbs - something like that. I need to choke down 2 a day and eat a lean protein meal.
Evymetalmommy
on 9/22/12 9:08 pm - LA
VSG on 04/19/12
I would try a different brand.  And are these ready to drink shakes?   I have a lot of issues with RTD shakes.  However if I make my own they seem to go down much better.   I can tell you though do not be surprised if your tastes change post op.  The shakes I liked pre op are still to this day the nastiest thing in the world.   You can and will get through it.
incredibleshrinkingevy.blogspot.com/ My Blog!!

mkiyoko2008
on 9/22/12 9:13 pm - TX
VSG on 10/03/12

The shakes I have are powder form and I mix them with fat free milk. They are soooo thick and they taste aweful, it makes it even harder to choke down.

Evymetalmommy
on 9/23/12 8:51 am - LA
VSG on 04/19/12
I can't use fat free milk at all.  I can't get them down.

I use Almond milk and sometimes 1/2 that with water.  It really seems to do the trick for me.
incredibleshrinkingevy.blogspot.com/ My Blog!!

Wildcat-NYC
on 9/22/12 2:14 pm, edited 9/22/12 2:14 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 Vitamin shoppe and GNC sell samples, so you can try a couple different types to see what you like best.

I make my shakes with 1/2 almond milk and 1/2 water.  It helps make them a little thinner and more manageable for me.

Good luck!

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
pknorr2
on 9/22/12 10:33 pm - CA
I have always blended my protein mix with ice and water, it makes it less protein drink like and more desert like. I also add just a little sugar free pudding mix to it.
Isopure has been my favorite, but after four big containers of it, I'm ready to try something a little different.
mauigirl2
on 9/22/12 10:53 pm - kihei, HI
I tried all the brands, premixed and powder.... Premier all the way for me!

foolishgrrl_1
on 9/22/12 11:00 pm
VSG on 03/11/13
Syntrax Chocolate Truffle and Jay Rob Strawberry are pretty tasty.  The Vitamin Shoppe should have single serving sizes in a few different brands/flavors for about $2 each.  These only have I think like 2 carbs per.  If you go to GNC they will give you samples of different shakes.  Beware, some have over 15-20 grams of sugar.  Also, call Bariatric Advantage and ask for samples, they will send you some for free.
Good luck!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 77 views