dreading tomorrow...weigh in...

AMoody
on 9/30/12 3:29 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
Since I have reached my first goal I have not lost a single pound! Im getting very discouraged about this..and yes I know that this does happen but I still have those feeling and I cant help what I feel.  I want to lose another 25 pounds..I dont know if this is just my body playing catch up or if Im secretly sabatogiging myself in some way. Now i have started back to work and that has always been a struggle with me as I work at headstart and we have snacks and lunches with the kids and we HAVE to sit down and eat with the kids, we teach them home style eating, like passing food, saying please and sometimes how to use utensils.  My work WILL NOT let me substatute and of their foods for lower fat/carb foods taht I can eat...anyway..tomorrow is weigh in day for me and Im just dreading it!  I have been on the scale all week and it looks to me like I actually gained 2 pounds...yikes!   I know stay off the stupid thing till Monday, I know, I know....Guess I just need some encouragement from my friends.  and maybe a swift kick in the butt!

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

lucy2e
on 9/30/12 3:37 am - Laurel, MD
It seems insane to me that they won't let you sub healthier choices.  If you had food allergies they would not require that you eat the food - so why should they require that you eat foods that are detrimental to your health in some other way?  

If there is no way around it, could you take super tiny portions and not finish and then eat your healthy options later?

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

AMoody
on 9/30/12 10:55 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
For me, if I put something in my mouth and eat just a tiny bite it sets me off.. an addict can go with out doing drugs, a smoker doesnt have to smoke or a alcholic dont have to take that first drink, if I take a bite, I find it very hard to stop there..and you are right, I thought the same thing that I wouldnt have to eat but they say I do.

Terry H.
on 9/30/12 3:53 am
 Just a thought, can you participate in the meal but don't actually eat anything that is off your plan?  Just move the food around, cut it up, lift but put the fork down rather than into your mouth.  Kids will see the function and manners but you won't have to do something you don't want to do. Then perhaps you can grab a protein bar or shake afterwards.  Another alternative is to limit your intake and fit into your plan.  Like eat all the protein without eating the starches (or only a bite or two of them).  Not ideal but the important thing is to make the best choices you can.

As for weigh in, recall that this is a journey and this is nothing more than an arbitrary point in time check.  Look back at your tremendous accomplishments and forward to your next goals rather than a single moment or day in the trip.  You don't deserve to let an event like a weigh in give you such a headache.  Hang in there.

HW 420 SW 369  Pre-Op -51 lbs; M1-19;M2-15;M3-14;M4 -14;M5-13; M6- 14;M7-14;M8-10;M9-11;M10-11;M11-9;M12-7;M13-7;M14-5; M15-7; M16-8. M17-3. M18-6; M19-5. Goal of 200 (220 Lost) Reached Month 15. Goal of 180 (240 lost) reached at 18 months 10 days on 4/.20/13.  57% body weight lost@180.  Now on maintenance. Low weight 169.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Beyond Goal 

AMoody
on 9/30/12 10:57 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
Terry you are right! I have come along way and the scale can no longer have that controll right. I love  it when you say "  Look back at your tremendous accomplishments and forward to your next goals rather than a single moment or day in the trip.  You don't deserve to let an event like a weigh in give you such a headache. " Thank you!

beckyinkc
on 9/30/12 3:55 am
VSG on 07/25/12
You have dietary restrictions and, as a result, should not be forced to eat foods that do not comply with those, regardless if they were self-imposed restrictions or not.  While they shouldn't allow you to sub anything for the kids without approval, subbing it for yourself should be allowed.  I don't know the law of your state, but I think this probably violates some sort of labor law.

Have you thought about asking your surgeon for a letter to say that you have dietary restrictions and they need to let you do this?  That might help.  If they don't let you do it then, well, I'd be going over their heads to a home office or speaking to an attorney.

Elbie
on 9/30/12 5:07 am
 Agreed!!!!
Sutterbos
on 9/30/12 7:09 am
VSG on 06/21/12
My thoughts exactly - I can't imagine this doesn't violate some anti-discrimination law.  If you had certain food restrictions for religious purposes they couldn't force you to eat things you didn't want to eat.  Same with allergies.  Having a VSG makes diet more of a medical condition - I agree you should talk to your surgeon about getting a letter.  Then if they say no, they are definitely violating your rights.

AMoody
on 9/30/12 11:00 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
They have already told me no when I had to drink my protein drinks at certain times of the day, I was very very lucky to have a lead teacher that streached the rules a bit for me and for that I am so gratful.  I will figure it out, just got a little tense with tomorrows weigh in and me weighing myself every day and seeing a weight gain instead of a loss, ON this journey I have not had many gains and if  I did they were only like oz's instead of pounds.. just got a little crazy here for a minute You guys calmed me down and I will face tomorrow in whatever it holds,

AMoody
on 9/30/12 11:02 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
Love you guys for all the support and caring you guys have for those of us who are struggling and freaking out a bit..thank you so very much..you keep me grounded and always get more calm after talking to you guys! Thanks

Most Active