A butterfly in the making...

KnitsByMama
on 10/3/12 12:03 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

This may sound a little corny, but last night I was thinking......

This journey of mine to become a healthier, more active and more beautiful Heather is like a Caterpillar turning into a butterfly. I have surpassed the caterpillar stage, the sitting around being lumpy and accepting my fate instead of doing something about it. I have started to build my chrysalis which wraps me in love and support from my family and friends. It's while in this chrysalis, during and after my surgery, where I will change, emotionally and physically to eventually become a beautiful butterfly. I love this analogy because it's so relate-able. So from now on my symbol of hope and success for my weight loss journey will be the butterfly. I bought this necklace to remind me everyday of my journey and what is to come after all the hard work and effort I put into this.

Fallenangel2904
on 10/3/12 1:45 am - NY
VSG on 11/14/12
I love the comparison of a butterfuly for this journey. I've seen it used by a few people in the wls community and I've seen a few people who have even gotten butterfly tatoo's after they reached goal. That necklace is really beautiful and a great way to remind yourself of the journey you're taking on :)

Robin- Post Op- Surgery November 14th 2012
HW:379 SW:359 CW:272 GW:199

pineview01
on 10/3/12 12:36 pm - Davison, MI
Not Corny!  Great!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views