I want to eat everything that isn't nailed down!

MaryContrary80
on 10/4/12 5:27 am
VSG on 09/04/12
 Thank you for those tips, great stuff there!! I'll add them to my list! 
Lee ~
on 10/4/12 3:48 am - CA
 I remember those hungries!  You are really newly out from surgery. When you are able to eat denser protein, it will keep you satisfied longer.  Try to hang in there.

Having those little carby sliders can be a gateway drug. At least for me. If I do it one day, I can find a Wu to rationalize it the next day or the next week.  Unfortunately, most of got on that surgery table because we had too many of those snacks.  Question is, do you wnt to be here in six months trying to figure out how to get back on track?  From everything I have read and heard from regain patients, it's easier o sty on track than to get back on.

If you can, get rid of those items in the pantry. If you live with others ask for their help.  Nap when you can, take a short walk to clear your head, splurge on zero calorie drinks that you look forward to.  Mine was sobe 0 fugi apple pear flavor.

Kaiser keeps reminding me about he high percentage of WLS patients that regain much, or all their weigh. I pray  to never be one of them!  It's up to us.

Sending hugs your way.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

MaryContrary80
on 10/4/12 5:42 am
VSG on 09/04/12
Thank you! I have been doing powerade zero on occassion but honestly it doesn't seem to be cutting it. I need something I can really get down when I'm having trouble with my water. I might try the mio, I have heard a lot of people like that. 

Anyway, thanks for the reminder to stick to plan. I know I will need that reminder again and again as time goes on. I think I really mentally prepared myself for this with the help of this board. I knew it wouldn't be "easy", not that I can say it's been super hard. It's more of a roller coaster. Essentially I knew that getting the sleeve wouldn't stop me from loving chocolate cake, that it would still be a daily choice and a daily effort. I can see that it for sure it that. 

I am on solids now and I do eat dense protein (Shrimp, chicken, turkey, fish even beef: I've tried lots of things already). I do feel full after I eat now that I am eating more meat and seafood and the feeling lasts longer for sure. I think yesterday was all brain for me, and not even about food at all. I do feel like I eat quite a bit more than others at the same point as me. I have no trouble getting up to 600 and sometimes close to 700 calories in a day. I measure my food and make sure I don't overfill my sleeve, but I definitely still like to eat and have no trouble. My sleeve has been very good to me, everything I've eaten has sat well and I've had no issues.

Anyway, thank you for your encouragement and advice, it's very helpful to hear from somebody who has had so much success! 
Most Active