Green Chicken Soup!?!?!.....Really good!

Scotty D.
on 10/11/12 9:27 am - Roanoke, AL
VSG on 08/30/12
I got to say when I the recipe I thought "gross". I had it for supper and it is wonderful! If you haven't tried it, you need to, you won't regret it!
blueeyedgal
on 10/11/12 10:48 am - AL
VSG on 02/03/12
It is one of my favorite recipes. Freezes well too.

blueeyedgal    
kaymae
on 10/11/12 11:47 am - TN
VSG on 03/19/12
 how do you make it? 
Pinkchickadee
on 10/11/12 2:22 pm
 Green Chicken Soup 3 Large chicken boneless/skinless breasts with fat trimmed (31oz) 2 Large cans of fat free chicken broth, low sodium (49.5 oz per can) 1 Bunch of Broccolini chopped (8oz) 3 Baby Bok Choys chopped (9oz total) 4 Small zucchini chopped (10oz total) 4 Large celery stalks chopped (9oz total) 5 Medium garlic cloves chopped ½ Bunch green onions chopped (1oz) 3 Large Carrots chopped (11oz total) 1 TBSP Dill Weed chopped ½ Bunch fresh parsley chopped 6oz Frozen green peas 6oz Fresh green beans chopped In a large pot, combine all ingredients, except the peas and green beans. Keep the chicken breasts whole (you’ll shred them later). Boil for about 30 minutes. Once the chicken breasts are completely cooked , remove them to cool (pull them apart a little bit . . they’ll cool faster). Meanwhile, put the vegetables and broth through a blender. (When doing this, it is a good idea to carefully pulse them in a blender with a towel around the blender lid and hold the lid firmly, as sometimes pressure can build with hot liquids in the blender. ) Then transfer the blended soup back into the large pot. When the whole chicken breasts have cooled a bit, pull them apart by hand and shred them . They should be a little stringy when in shredded form, with no large chunks. Add the shredded chicken back into the pot. Chop-up the green beans fairly small, and add into the pot along with the frozen peas. Cook for about 10 more minutes, add salt & pepper to taste and enjoy!

Starting Weight:275 CW:189 SW:??  Goal:169

Pinkchickadee
on 10/11/12 2:30 pm
 This one is Elina's  recipe :)

Starting Weight:275 CW:189 SW:??  Goal:169

Elaine H.
on 10/11/12 2:27 pm
Look up -- Elina -- it is her recipe and is in her blog along with some other good recipes
kaymae
on 10/12/12 12:17 am - TN
VSG on 03/19/12
 ok

Lee ~
on 10/12/12 1:18 am - CA
Yummy, isn't it? I just took a container out of the freezer for dinner.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

bob-h
on 10/12/12 1:38 am - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12
To bad somebody doesn't go in the business of making this and then selling a pint for us newbies to try before going thru all the expense and work making such a large amount. I would be willing to be the 1st one to order because I am not a big green vegetable eater at all. ,
(deactivated member)
on 10/12/12 1:45 am
You find a way to mail it to people, and I will make it for you.  :)  My husband came up with the recipe because he wanted to meet my protein goals, get some veggies in me and keep the calories and carbs low.  He also wanted to make a food that would be easy on my recovering stomach.  He really succeeded.  He also makes an incredible tortilla soup ( without the tortillas) that rocks my world.  He has come up with some other soups too, currently my favorite is the middle eastern soup he makes with wild mushrooms.  I love this guy.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views