Remember - there are no silly questions- so here goes . . .

Ohiogirl
on 10/21/12 1:20 pm - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
. Trop50 says on the label 13 gm carbs for 8 oz. so I am not sure what brand oj you are drinking. How do you eat or drink protein drinks and stay under 4 gm carbs? No no book - just one sheet for each phase. My surgeon and program are COE but I have to say I am disappointed in the nutrition help or lack of.

meljac22
on 10/21/12 11:52 am - NE
VSG on 10/09/12
I use a cup of skim milk with my protein powder for my shake.. Skim Milk is protein..8grams per cup.. I know it has carbs in it also.. but right now I am going for Hydration and Protein.. I should be starting Puree's here later on this week.. I hear ya on it is a chore to get all your fluids in, but if it comes down to it at night and I need some more protein.. then I will have a cup of skim milk.. I was a milk drinker before surgery and I am so glad that I can still tolorate it.. There is also Unsweetend Almond Milk that you can use.. I think it has less carbs than skim milk but it also has less protein then skim milk.. My Protein shakes also count towards my fluid intake for the day, so that has helped out alot.. I guess I am lucky that I can have meals and snacks.. It helps stablizies your blood sugar also.. If I couldn't have a snack.. I am not sure what I would do if I started to not feel good.. My Nut gave us some sample menus for all stages.. It is a good reference to go by.. I am glad I have them to look at.. If all else fails.. Call your Nut and talk about it.. They want you to get all your protein in, then they might have to let you have snacks.. I guess all they can say is No.. But I would ask.. Good Luck !!!
comeundone
on 10/21/12 3:51 pm, edited 10/21/12 3:58 pm - OH
 I drink skim all the time I love milk and I love popsicles they help get my liquids still almost a year out.
Lynn
P.s this might help
http://www.cornellweightlosssurgery.org/pdf/dietary_guidelin es_sleeve_gastrectomy.pdf
HW 289  SW 242

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/21/12 5:53 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
Thats the plan my doc uses!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

LeighAnne89
on 10/22/12 4:46 am - KY
 You can have your splenda and sf popsicles don't try to pu**** and take in more than your body really wants even if it mean falling a little short on protein for now. You can have a little milk from time to time just remember to add that into your caloric intake. I am almost 3 months out all of this was told to me by either my doctor or my NUT but remember every ones plan is a little different and Protein drinks are not the worse thing in the world if I didn't use them I would never get in my protein so good luck hope it helps.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views