im going to do it.

FutureHopes
on 10/26/12 1:51 pm - Minneapolis, MN

so i signed up for a gym membership for the 3rd time. They took my starting weight, 252lbs!!! i was in SHOCK to say the least. In my head i was 238. Ive never ever ever weighed above 230. That was it, i decided i cant keep losing and then gaining more back than i lost. My knees are starting to get sore, i can barely walk up 2 flights of stairs. I called my insurance today and they will cover it with approval, i am DONE. This fat has to go!!!! Now im signed up on here and did a little seminar at my local clinic and now i have a packet to fill out and send back and pray it gets approved. Wish me luck =)

hollykim
on 10/27/12 12:13 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

good for you! you won't be sorry! keep us posted!

Cindi A.
on 10/27/12 1:25 pm - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12

Taking that first step is probably the hardest. I cried when I stepped on the scale and saw that number. I had underestimated my weight by about 40lbs as I think so many of us do. 

I had the same thought as you, it's time to get a grip and lose the fat! 

Best advice I can give is to start now to track what you eat (even if you don't immediately change your eating habits find out exactly what is happening for you in terms of food), this is SOOOO IMPORTANT!! Use a site like myfitnesspal to calculate calories, protein, carbs, fibre and fat.

Start drinking a minimum of 8 glasses a day, because you will need to be able to do this and if you aren't a water drinker you need to re-train yourself.

Start reading everything you can about wls. Being prepared and pro-active will increase your chances of getting the most out of this surgery!

Good luck with the insurance.

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

FutureHopes
on 10/28/12 10:45 am - Minneapolis, MN

thanks for the advice and encouragement! i am so ready to do this, and very excited. its something ive thought about for years and i am 100% sure that it is the right decision for me. I cant wait to run around with my kids =)

pineview01
on 10/28/12 5:16 pm - Davison, MI

Good for you!  You have come to the right place for support and information!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active