First Doctor visit. What questions should I ask?

LNC62
on 11/4/12 9:26 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12

Tomorrow is my first doctor's visit to start my journey to VSG.  I'm blanking out on what questions to ask.  And I know when I meet him I'll won't ask any questions unless I'm well prepared.  So hopefully, some of you vets can bive me some pointers on what to ask.

Thanks,

Lynn

Bella_Fein
on 11/4/12 9:30 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I have been making a list:

1. What size sleeve?
  2. Why do you think some patients get reflux and others don't? What do you/can I do to help ensure no reflux?
  3. Leak rate, mortality, complications, education, training how many has he done?
  4. Success rate of other sleeved patients?
  5. Inpatient or outpatient? How many days before going back to work? I know everyone is different.
  6. Think the sleeve is best for me, but what are your thoughts?
  7. I hear people have trouble getting the liquids and protein they need. Any recommendations?
  8. What vitamins? Is there a liquid since I can’t have solids in the beginning? Friend suggested I start them now before surgery? Should I take Biotin?
  9. What can I drink? I have read I wouldn’t be able to have carbonation. Is that forever or just in the beginning? Sugar? Sweeten Low?
  10. Aside from surgery what support and assistance does their office provide?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LNC62
on 11/4/12 12:23 pm - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
That's a great list. Thanks
lisamomofboys
on 11/4/12 10:23 am - OH
My first appt is tomorrow as well, this is a perfect list!!! Thank you!!
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/12 11:31 am

Are you meeting with Dr. Cirangle?

LNC62
on 11/4/12 12:26 pm, edited 11/4/12 8:28 pm - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
Yes, Elina. I'm going to Dr. Cirangle. My research indicates he's the best in the bay area. Any insight?
I'm hoping I won't have to wait for surgery. I understand Anthem blue cross doesn't require the 3 or 6 month diet.
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/12 12:54 pm

I just sent you a PM about this.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 94 views