Dangerous Mindframe

Keith L.
on 11/4/12 8:04 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I keep a bottle of Mio handy in case I don't like the taste. I have been able to override the nasty ones with that stuff.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/4/12 9:51 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I'd mix unflavoured whey into something you actually like rather than try to force down new things right now. I find sf Hawaiian Punch with unflavoured whey considerably less offensive than a lot of stuff out there.

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

melbee
on 11/4/12 6:21 am, edited 11/4/12 6:22 am
VSG on 10/17/12

I tried the isopure before surgery (the day after you) an it was ok, so I bought a case- then after surgery- blech! I make isopure kool-aid

It's:

1 Bottle isopure (20 oz) I use grape

20 oz water (I fill up the empty isopure bottle)

1/2 Packet Kool aid

8-10 packet splenda + 8 oz water

I mix the kool aid mix, splenda & 8 oz water separate cause kool aid doesn't dissolve well in the Isopure, then add it to the isopure & water mixture and voila! Isopure kool aid that I can actually drink! (and like). This makes 48 oz that can be drank throughout the day and you are getting your fluid and 40 g of protein. It may be worth a try.

I feel your pain, I was having some regrets but they are slowly but surely lifting. I am on pureed foods now and it makes you feel a bit better, but it's still hard- just keep a positive attitude and you will get through this super tough stage like a champ. You were strong to be able to do this and you are string enough to keep going!

Oh and I should mention, I have yet to get 64oz of water yet- so don't feel bad- if I hit 40+- it's a successful day!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
HW 251    SW 236    CW 191    GW: 145 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/12 9:45 am

I am so sorry you are struggling and I can certainly understand your frustration and upset. As previously mentioned, you do seem to be having signs of dehydration. I know you said that your doctor is very involved, which is a blessing. Have you been tested for a possible stricture? The way you described fluid going down immediately made me think of that.

I wish you the best and hope that you are feeling better and that your issues are figured out and under control very soon. There is really nothing worse than the despair you are feeling right now. Please remember, you did not do this to yourself and your family on purpose. Sadly, it was the luck of the draw. Who knew that you were going to have a rough time recovering? You will get through this and your family will survive. I am so sorry though you are having to trudge through this and feel so despondent.

Big hug!

lucy2e
on 11/3/12 9:53 am - Laurel, MD

(((HUGS))) So sorry you are having such a hard time!  I wish there was a magic wand I could wave to make it instantly better!

My only suggestion is maybe try some ice chips - if you could let them melt in your mouth and get your fluids that way - it would be a much slower - smaller sip sort of way to get fluids in.  (Don't know if it will work for you, but it does for some).

I can totally understand you frustration - it will get better - I just hope it gets much better very quickly for you!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 436 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views