Need some advice BAD here!!!!

Ann M.
on 11/8/12 10:24 am - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

OK, today I got approved by my insurance (they called me!) for the VSG to be performed on the 28th - NOT the 14th as planned! But hey, I'm approved! Right??

THEN, the phone rings and the Doc can't do it that day!!! Their office has to contact my insurance and change the date...to either the 14th (as planned) or the 21st....here we go again.....what is it with me?????

Am I supposed to be having all these problems (since Oct. 3rd original date)?????

Should I finally give up to all my health problems and say hang it all and quit trying???

First I had to cancel because of money. Then I had to cancel because I got sick. Then I was ready and loan fell through. Now I have money (cause it's affordable) and Doc wouldn't operate on me, had to cancel plane ticket & got slammed with $150 charge, then had to wait on this approval, got it, now waiting on another date.

Anybody else have as many problems?  Gosh I hope not!!! What should I do??? I've spent so much already, but should I cut my loses and give up??

Or IS THIS ALL WORTH IT???? I want to know the TRUTH!!!!!!  PLEASE!!!

hollirrose
on 11/8/12 10:27 am
VSG on 04/21/12
You have come this far... Dont give up now! Vsg rocks!!
Ann M.
on 11/8/12 10:30 am - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

Thank you!! Your words mean a lot to me! I do not know anyone that's had it!

Sheryl G.
on 11/8/12 10:33 am - IL
VSG on 09/17/12

Don't give up. It is totally worth it. Once you are on the other side, the losing side, all these frustrations will be but a slight memory to you. You are approved - be patient just a little longer for the date to get worked out. You will be so  happy!!

If you change nothing, nothing will change.      

Ann M.
on 11/8/12 10:44 am - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

"Don't give up..." I want you to know that you reminded me I have a magnet on my fridge that has that poem on it! I forgot about it! I'm going to get it and put it right here beside of me - Wait (oh boy that word again from my lips this time!! UGH!) I think I have a print that is framed in a box in my back room! Everything get taken down for painting - I had to do something to keep busy!

YES!!! It will hang right here in the LR beside my chair!! Till after when I won't be sitting so much right?!

I knew you guys would help if I cries out!!!  THANK YOU!!!

Inky-99
on 11/8/12 10:42 am

Totally and completely worth it! Just remember...everything happens for a reason. : )

Ann M.
on 11/8/12 10:58 am - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

You sound just like my best friend of 40+ years - only she doesn't want me to have this surgery.

Thank you for the support!!!!

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/8/12 10:43 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
It is SO worth it! Sometimes, when we have to really struggle to get something it's all the sweeter for the struggle. This will be one of those times.

I'll save you a spot on the bench by me. You'll be here soon.

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Ann M.
on 11/8/12 10:59 am - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

Thank you! And please make that a much smaller spot than my picture looks then!! LOL!!!

RPick67
on 11/8/12 10:54 am
VSG on 06/11/13

I've been on these boards since April and very few people seem to get thru the process without a hitch....whether its their insurance  (which seems to be the #1 hurdle) or problems with a test or illness at  surgery time,  or problems with their schedule and the surgeons schedule.  I don't know when you started this whole process, but as long as your getting your surgery in under a year  from when you first made a phone call or went to a seminar......your pretty much normal.   There will always be adversity when you try to make a big life change (especially if your not paying for it yourself  LOL)  Don't let it stop you in your tracks as it has done to me many times. We need to become Overcomers.  Let the difficulties just make you more resolved to get past them and get what you want....The VSG surgery!!

Cons. Wt. 394       Surg. Wt. 386        Curr. Wt.  311

Most Active