Surgery is monday

AmyB1012
on 11/9/12 7:26 am

I usually just lurk but decided i would join. I am scheduled for Monday. Im a nervous mess! Just looking for support. I have been on the liq diet since Monday, it def stinks but understand why it needed.

Elbie
on 11/9/12 10:06 am

Welcome! I am scheduled for December 19 and am also a nervous mess. You are in good company. ;)

Good luck!

MuttLover
on 11/9/12 10:37 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Welcome!  I am on Wednesday, so I know what you mean.  If you scroll a few pages, there is another November sleever's post entitled Freaked Out -- I keep reading that one, since it addresses basically all of my freak out points as well!

We can do this!  Only and Saturday and Sunday to go -- hang in there!

Angela220247
on 11/9/12 10:51 am - CA

I just had my surgery on Wednesday 11/7. The first night was pretty harsh. I recommend taking some Gas X strips with you to the hospital. Im home now and recovering pretty well. Ive just been following the manta of "Sip, Walk, Rest" it has seemed to help. 

AmyB1012
on 11/9/12 11:06 am

Oh great to know about the gas x! Def put that on my list lol.

Cindi A.
on 11/9/12 12:26 pm - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12

I'm Nov. 26, and while I'm not quite freaking out I am having a hard time not having second thoughts. When I imagine NOT doing it I just want to cry though, so I know it's the right choice.

I think it's just the fear of surgery and the first few months adjusting to a new life that make this so scary. I have seen good friends do so well after being sleeved, and their lives are finding a new normal around food that they are very happy about. 

Like many of us who are in the waiting stage I just want to get to that other side. But I have to cross the scary bridge first. 

We can do it!!!

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

Ctteacher
on 11/9/12 12:56 pm
VSG on 11/12/12

I am going in on Monday too!!  I am also a giant mixed bag of emotions - excitement, for sure as well as hopefulness that this operation will give me the quality of life I always hoped for.  I have been lurking on the boards since I started my journey in July. It's been great to read such amazing success stories, following people who were in our same position just a few months ago and now they're "sleeve veterans".   However, there is also the self doubt and worry that something bad will happen - what if I'm part of that small percentage that gets complications or worse??  What if I don't lose the weight?  I also have a little trouble wrapping my head around the fact that I am voluntarily asking someone to cut out the majority of my stomach.  Yikes!  

I know that all my feelings are normal but it's nice to have a place to vent/whine a little too!   I'll keep you posted after my surgery!

Gigi524
on 11/10/12 8:56 am
I am 10 days post-op and it has been harder than I expected. I had a lot of problems with gloating following surgery. Felt great 5 days after and then felt like I was regressing. For me to get rid of gas--exercise was mandator--even when I was tired! I walked around the block twice and felt little relief. I rode Mt stationery bike,a little relief (use your imagination). Feeling like I was making progress I rode again,relief,etc! I rode for 2 hrs on and off and finally lost the post op bloat! Exercise really is key! I know I'm lucky to have a bike at home because it would have been to embarrassing at a gym!
Gigi524
on 11/10/12 8:57 am
Sorry for the spelling issues--I assure gloating was NOT where I was!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 84 views