Weakness and Pain in Shoulders and Legs! REGRET!!

zacknaser16
on 11/15/12 2:01 am

Hi All,

It just happened a few days ago, that i was on my 30min Brisk walk and after 4th lap on Track , my shoulders started feeling pain and being stiff, is it weakness, then also pain in my right lower leg, it wasnt pain but like muscle spasm sort of feeling, i have been eating well now for last week, fish, chicken, egg, milk in a day with yougurt, but i stopped taking Protein Shakes, since i thought i am eating well over 60g proteins a day normally. Please Help me understand what my body is going through now, some times i feel like regreting getting VSG. PLEASE HELP

hollykim
on 11/15/12 2:07 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Are you taking your vitamins? getting 64+ ounces of liquid a day? dehydration and inadequate vitamin intake can cause all this.

My shoulders hurt when I need to pass gas or have a bm.

slimpickins5280
on 11/15/12 2:08 am - CO

When was the last time you had labs done? That will probably be the quickest way to figure out what is going on.

Couple of things I noticed:

*You say you "think" you are getting enough protein. Are you logging food? Do you know for sure? Do you weigh your food?

*You say you've been eating well. Have you been getting in at least 64 oz of water/fluids?

*How far out are you? A brisk walk is something you should work up to.

You need to call your Doc or surgeon and get labs done, imo.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Sutterbos
on 11/15/12 2:13 am
VSG on 06/21/12

First of all, your feelings are totally normal.  At 3 weeks out I was miserable and feeling VSG was a terrible mistake.  I see so many other people post the same thing.  Now at 5 months out, I know it was the best decision I've ever made.

Pain could signal a bunch of different things.  I agree with everyone who said let your doctor know what you are experiencing and see what he/she recommends.  Also, tracking your food and fluids is critical.  It's not enough to think we're doing the right thing because quite often we are wrong.  

I know my lower back hurt for weeks when I walked or stood for a long time.  My posture was changing with the weight loss and my back muscles were sore - but things have now adjusted and the pain has gone away.

Hang in there!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views