oh man...

Taelor S.
on 11/22/12 6:39 am - IN
I knew this was gonna be hard at first, but I had no idea it would be this bad, my surgery was yesterday and I got home around noon today. I've been sipping my water, and that's about all I can stand to do. I've been trying to sip on a protein shake, but its not going so well. I'm feeling very nauseous and afraid to put anything in my mouth that isn'****er. How long will this terrible pain last?! I almost feel like I should have just stayed in the hospital is there something I should be doing that I'm not?
seaco11
on 11/22/12 6:57 am - MA
VSG on 11/13/12
Try and relax. My surgery was 11/13. So I remember we'll how you are feeling. I am just now able to stomach 2+ protein shakes a day. When I called my surgeon 3 days post op, he said to not worry about the protein, but MUST stay hydrated, consent rate on water, propel etc, jello, broth.
I did not have much pain, but if you do, take the pain Meds!
You will feel better soon!

Ellyn 

Nancybefree
on 11/22/12 7:12 am, edited 11/22/12 7:13 am
VSG on 11/21/12

I'm not supposed to attempt protein shakes until postop day 4.  Maybe some broth or watered juice would go down better?  I'm finding that my tummy doesn't want much of anything today, but I'm trying to get my fluids in as best as I can.  Try to get some walking in today, too.  I was told that the only thing to do for the gas pain is walking.  I was walking at 4:15 this morning.  I also came home with scrips for pain and anti-nausea meds.

Hang in there!!  We have to remember that we had surgery yesterday and that it could take a while before we start to feel better.

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

Keith L.
on 11/22/12 7:40 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
Rest. You probably did go home a day earlier than you should have. You will get there. Water is most important right now followed by protein.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Sasny
on 11/22/12 8:02 am
VSG on 03/20/12
Hi

Just focus in being hydrated. Rest and take your pain meds. I was lucky to be hospitalized for three nights so I had a chance to really do nothing aside from sleeping and taking little sips. I didn't get anything with protien in until day four before I left the hospital. At that point my doctor wanted to make sure I could get something down. So take it easy.

Steph

clawless89
on 11/22/12 9:39 am
VSG on 11/20/12

I understand I was sleeved on the 20th.  I tried french onion soup with out the onions and it did not do well so staying with clear liquids for another day or two.  sip walk rest repeat.  I still have the gas pains and that is the worst.  Today by tummy started making a whole bunch of noises and I was getting a lot of gas out.  Just keep walking.  And I would suggest taking the pain meds.  I take mine before I know I am going to do a big walk.  for example took it before going to familys house to watch them eat thanksgiving and that def helped because I was going to be moving around a lot.

guesswho11
on 11/22/12 1:37 pm

crushed ice and popsicles...my sustenance for the first few days post op.  A few days later, chicken broth and tomato soup.  Take your pain pills, and every day will get better.

WellWell
on 11/24/12 9:56 am

how are you feeling today? I just started my clear liquids and I am really having mood swings. Did anybody have something like this happen before surgery?

I hope you are doing much better today.

Take Care of yourself!

Godisable

Taelor S.
on 11/24/12 10:15 am - IN
I'm definitely doing better. Still sore, but like I said, better. My pain is well managed. My only "major" issue now is the stinging and bruising associated with my blood thinner shots. Man, ill be glad when these things are done!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views