I am starting to panic....

Mom_2_4
on 11/25/12 1:59 pm
VSG on 05/22/13

I only have two months left in my required visits and am worried that I'm completely off my rocker.  I have between 80 and 100 lbs to lose to get to normal BMI.  And I'm worried about my hair falling out, my skin hanging all over the place and I don't know what to do.  I have ALL the co-morbidities and as much as I want to think I'm ok. I have the energy of a  sloth and am completely overwhelmed by anything in my life.  Remind me why this is a good idea.......

Thanks,

Elisa

HW: 254  SW: 238.2  CW:179.6 1st GW: ONEDERLAND 2nd GW: 150 GW: 135  Surgery: 5/22/13      

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/25/12 2:09 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
Because the alternative ain't pretty....its called coffin shopping.

You are going to do great. Just go forward confidently knowing that this is the best thing you are doing for you and for your loved ones. You will feel 100% better in your hanging skin and balding!!! It will seem like nothing to you in comparison to how great you will feel. Fear of surgery and fear of the unknown is normal. I sure had it! But push through the fear and you will see how great it can be. Good luck!!! And all of us on OH are here to support you!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

lisaisonestarr
on 11/25/12 2:49 pm - CA

I have already had my surgery and feel great! There is no reason for you to panic! You are about to look and feel so good! Stay strong in Prayer to over come your anxiety and the feeling of being overwhelmed with life's trials and tribulations! You can e-mail me or in box me if you would like to have a support mentor, I do not mind! My fb is Lisa Montes and my e-mail is [email protected]

Mom_2_4
on 11/25/12 9:36 pm
VSG on 05/22/13

Thank you for the supportive words!  I have to keep focused on my health and let the other things just be what they are!

Thanks again,

Elisa

sleevegirl
on 11/25/12 9:51 pm - Austin, TX

I lost some hair. It grew back.

I have lots of loose hanging skin. I'll get plastics (and some people are lucky and do just fine and don't need plastics).

Bottom line is the alternative is to stay overweight. At least for me it was. I'd tried all the diets and just kept gaining until I was 375 pounds. 177 feels much better, trust me :)

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

magrandg
on 11/26/12 6:12 am
I also had these concerns up until recently. Just after my surgery was approved, I had an appt. scheduled with my hairdresser, and while there we discussed my upcoming VSG, and hair loss. A few days before surgery he will cut my hair to a shorter length. My crazy reasoning is I will see shorter strands. Makes sense right??? Not really, but my desire to feel healthy, and regain my self esteem, overcomes my hair loss fears, as well as the hanging skin. If need be I will consider a beautiful wig. Have you all seen the array of choices available? Pretty cool! I will also be adding a
Few more spanx to my collection! Elisa, the brave choice you have made to have WLS is a fabulous one, because you certainly are deserving of a beautiful, healthy, and happy long life! Amen to your good idea!!!! (((Hugs)))

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views