strangest feeling.......

lgm
on 11/27/12 11:18 pm

When I went into surgery I was 229, my highest was 235, today I am 217.  I had surgery 9 days ago and I feel amazing.  For those you wonder when do you feel like yourself again, well I can honestly say I feel better than I did before surgery. Physically and mentally I feel amazing.  Its the strangest thing! I feel happier than I did before. 

I have no pain anywhere, my fluids go in nicely and I feel myself cooking healthier for the family ( I have 3 Kids ages between 9,12, 14). I mean  I did before but now I am even more cautious and I love it (I am the only cook in the house by the way).  The smells don't bother me, and I didn't expect  that . I thought I would be crying, running during supper time but I make it a point to sit with my family during the meal.  Don't get me wrong, there is alot of temptations but I can honestly say I am doing ok with it.  My husband has been super great and very supportive and I am truley grateful for that.  Today I am just honestly feeling blessed and I felt the need to put it out there!!  Thank you guys for your support and advice as well, you guys are amazing and its great knowing you have comfort outside the house!!!

MuttLover
on 11/27/12 11:28 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

Glad to hear that you are doing well!  I have very little pain, no problem with fluids, etc. I am exactly two weeks out today, and feel close to normal too -- I just tire easily!  We visited our son in NC five days after my surgery and stayed until the weekend after Thanksgiving.  I helped make pies and dinner, we ate out at restaurants (soup and I dumped protein powder in it!) -- and all went well.

Thanks for giving us an update!  There are lots of us November Sleevers, and so far, it seems we've been doing pretty well!   I am cooking my first meal at home today -- pot roast (no potatoes).  I'm on purees, so I'll probably take the beef and veg and throw it into some soup I fixed (from a can!) yesterday!

I'm not finding it that hard to be around food, cook food and eat out -- so far so good.  And with three kids -- I'm guessing you can make "just enough" of the things that they eat, that there's no left-overs!

Keep up posted!

Nadurra Deb
on 11/27/12 11:45 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12

Wow! Awesome! You are on your way! I wish I could cook. I tried to make flax seed pancakes the other day and burnt them...sigh. You sound like you are really doing well so soon after surgery. I think it was about 2 weeks after that I noticed I was feeling better than I had in a long time. I think the diet change helps the brain function better to.

Keep it up! You are doing great!

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Rita M.
on 11/27/12 11:52 pm - Webster, MA

Hi Igm,

it is so great to hear that post-op people are doing so well in such a short time. It is encouraging and gives me such a good feeling about my surgery. Although I have to go though it tomorrow and I am still somewhat anxious about it, it just gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling and the believe that everything will be ok.

So glad you are doing well and that you have such a great and positive and outgoing feedback for us all. Keep it up. Good luck!

Hugs,

Rita

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 75 views