Worried and Can't Stop Crying

Laci M.
on 11/27/12 6:49 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Long story short - 

Took new vitamins around 10 am this morning.  Was sick and throwing up by 10:30 am.  Went home, took a nap, tried a short walk and then drank some more water.  Got immediately nauseated.  I've had about 1/2 cup of water all day (and it's almost 6 pm).  I'm so very thirsty but I'm fighting nausea and gas bubbles and I'm afraid to drink.

The doctor's office wants to see me tomorrow to check out what's wrong.

On top of feeling horrible, I'm worried they'll find something wrong and this whole thing will be ruined for me.

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/12 7:02 am

Your doc should be able to help. You have come so far and nothing will take that away. It may be an intolerance to the vitamin.
Shagdoll
on 11/27/12 7:06 am

Hi Laci,

Do you have to take those specific vitamins?  Were the vits chewables or liquid?  Those options might be a little more tolerable.  I'm glad you are seeing a doctor tomorrow to find out what is going on.  Try as hard as you can to get more liquids in today even if it's just an ounce here & there.  If you are dehydrated already, one if not the main side effect is nausea & that feeling is horrible.  I know it's a chore to ge****er in early out but do the best you can.  Keep us posted after your appointment.  I hope you're ok.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

emelar
on 11/27/12 7:07 am - TX

Reaction to the vitamin has upset your tummy.  Stick to trying to drink little sips of water until you see your doc.  I'm going to bet you feel better by tomorrow morning.  Sometimes, when we upset our stomachs, the only thing you can do is leave it alone for awhile and let it right itself.  It's really unlikely that there's any long term damage.  Chin up!

Laci M.
on 11/27/12 7:08 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Thank you both for your kind words.

The chewable bariatric vitamins weren't working for me, so I bought some multivitamins and B complex and that's what I took.

I'm thinking I might just get another flavor of the bariatric chewable vitamins while I'm at the doctor's tomorrow.  

LNC62
on 11/27/12 8:42 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
It could be the B complex. I won't take a b complex because it makes me feel nauseaus. And I haven't had surgery yet. Do you have to take it or can you take a sublingual b12. I think that's what is prescribed with a multi vitamin by my doc post surgery.
(deactivated member)
on 11/27/12 7:22 am - Musquash, NB, Canada
VSG on 10/02/12

Hang in there. I have to take an anti-emetic like Gravol or Dramamine from time to time. Stress will make it a little worse and crying can and will irritate your stomach. Also, it could be a build up of acid. Make sure to take your PPI and in my case I take two a day, regular dose is just 1, sometimes, these are the things we have to do to get us over the rough spots. 

Good luck, and I will be looking for an update from you.

Danielle

Italian-Princess
on 11/27/12 8:55 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Laci............first of all, sit back and breathe and try to relax.  It's doubtful a new vitamin caused anything to go wrong and ruin this for you.  I understand that you are scared -- normal when something seems out of whack.  It's good that you'll see your doctor tomorrow.  For tonight, try to sip fluids....water, herbal tea, Crystal Lite, Mio water approved juices....anything you can.  If cold doesn't work, try warm, if warm doesn't work, try room temp for your fluids.  The last thing you need is to become dehydrated. 

I hope you feel better tonight and I hope the doctor can set your mind at ease tomorrow.  Chin up girl -- you're going to be fine!

Keep us posted on what you learn........we care!

Ree

jarabacoagirl
on 11/27/12 9:06 am
VSG on 12/17/12

I think it's the vitamins.  I'm still preop and was tasting chewable vitamins and I got pretty sick myself.  And I'm still preop.  Try liquid vitamins.  i think that's what I'm gonna do might go down easier.

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

Laci M.
on 11/27/12 9:31 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Thank you all so much for your words.  I've calmed down and I'm feeling slightly better...but not 100%.  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views