sleeved!!!!!!

mokee
on 11/30/12 10:15 am - OH

I was finally sleeved on Wed Nov28.  Two days after my 66th birthday.  It was quite an experience.  Everyone was so nice at the hospital.  The worst part was when I woke up.  I felt like a train had run into me.  It was not good.  The surgeon had a hard time getting into part of my stomach because of gall bladder scaring.  It must have been pretty bad because that is what hurts now 2 days later.  The pain is in the front and goes all the way through to my back. 

I stayed an extra day and I am glad I did.  It gave me more time to figure out how to move and drink. 

Best of luck to all that are getting surgery soon and all the ones just starting their journey.  I started this in march of this year and now am finally sleeved.

I thank everyone on the web for encouraging me and keeping me from dropping out.  If it was not for you people I would have given up way before now.  Now it is over with and I am on my way to a healthier body.

R. Pike
on 11/30/12 10:23 am - OH
VSG on 12/10/12

Hi and congradulations....so good to hear someone more my age goingg thru this...it is wonderful so many younger ones are taking care of there problems while still young...but I was encouraged to see I wasn't the only one in my 60's thinking this way.  I had a kidney transplant 2 years ago and developed diabetes due to my ammune suppressants.  And I was already 50 - 60 pounds overweight...now it is impossible to make the scale budge...so this will hopefully be my answer to eliminating my diabetes and saving my new kidney plus get this excess weight off....I would love to keep in touch...my date is Dec. 10...so I am not to far behind you.  

Because of HIM...becky

carols5417
on 11/30/12 10:28 am

Glad to join our group!!!  I'm so pleased I had mine done and am almost 3 weeks out!  My daughter had it done, and I said I would never do this but.....I was on so many meds, and not progressing on my own.  Yoyo dieting for years!!!  

MuttLover
on 11/30/12 10:23 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Welcome to the November Sleevers Losers Bench!  I'm scooting over a bit more so there's room for you!

Sorry you had pain from the gall bladder scaring.  It sounds like you are getting it under control.

Keep us posted!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

carols5417
on 11/30/12 10:25 am

Congratulations!  You have made the first step.  I will be 66 in Jan. and had my bile less gall bladder removed, and a hiatal hernia repaired while I was being sleeved!!  My surgery was on Nov 12th, and I went back to water aerobics today.  Monday it will be 3 weeks!! Keep walking and sipping!!!

Auveca
on 11/30/12 10:28 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

Welcome Welcome, now lets have fun together!!

Sleeveless
on 11/30/12 4:18 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

So sorry about the complications from scarring, and I totally agree about the worst part being when you woke up. That was dreadful for me too.

Here's to a speedy recover

abeautifulday21
on 11/30/12 8:07 pm
VSG on 11/26/12
Welcome and congratulations!
abeautifulday21    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 177 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 451 views