Yowzas Only 11 More Days?

Living4MyBabySon
on 12/6/12 3:25 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
Is this really happening? I'm on my way to go to the pre op class and then the last doctors appointment before I start gettin sleevy with it like all the rest of you all ! Wow!Pre op liquid diet sucks !

Jackie T.
on 12/6/12 4:05 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Good Luck!  I am 13 days out.  I am scheduled for Dec 19.  I start my pre op diet on Sunday.  I am going through a lot of emotions right now.  I am anxious, nervous, scared.  I have been struggling with whether to tell my family members.  Only my husband, kids and two of my sister in laws know.  I know I should tell my parents but I have been putting it off.  It would kill me if they were not supportive of me.  I would still do it anyway but it would really bother me.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

lwak
on 12/6/12 4:43 am - IA

Jackie

I had my VSG on 11-14-12 and I have never had any other surgeries other than having four children. I researched having weight loss surgery for several years and even started the process once before and chickened out due to my fear. After talking with other people that had the surgery, reviewing the surgical procedure online on video, I started the process over again in April 2012.

To be honest with you, I had no pain at all. I had a pulling sensation at the six small incision sites, but took the liquid pain medication every four hours and only took that for two days.  I had done enough research that I was not nervous or scared, I just wanted to get it over with and move forward. I think you should tell your parents and while I do not know them, I would hope they would be supportive of you wanting to have a healthier life. I have told many of the members of this forum to ask your doctor for a tummy binder which will help support the area after surgery. I am three weeks post-op and still wear mine. It just supports the area and holds the area in place. Be prepared to be totally exhausted the next 6 weeks. I could only stay up four hours and then had to lay down and rest. I also have been going to bed at 7:00 after resting the entire afternoon. My daughter teases me and tells me it is because of my age (64); and she could be right...LOL. Make sure you have your protein and water. You probably won't be able to do much of either at first, bu****er is important so you don't get dehydrated, because you will wind up back in the hospital. Take care and let me know how things go for you. Good Luck with your surgery, you will do fine.

Linda

LNC62
on 12/6/12 6:13 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
I'm not telling my 83 year old mom about the surgery. She may not be supportive, but more than that, she'll worry about it too much. She lives far and I won't see her for a while. I'll tell her when the weight is off.
Rita M.
on 12/6/12 5:13 am - Webster, MA

I was freaking out myself before my surgery with all kinds of funky thoughts and had major anxiety, but after posting on OH and people telling me everything will be fine, I was less scared.

Also, strangely enough the closer the date got, like 3 days before the more calm I was. At the hospital in the morning when I arrived I was totally fine. They gave me a anit-anxiety pill a little after I arrived and then I received a Valium ****tail of some sort and I was great.

All I remember is being in the OR and then people talking and strapping me down and then the next memory was me waking up and talking to my husband. 

All my worries were for nothing, just causing me stress. YOU will be FINE.

Hugs,

Rita

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 199 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views