ONE week!

smashlee
on 12/9/12 6:12 am
VSG on 12/17/12
In one week my life will change forever! Next Monday is my surgery date and I can. not. freaking. wait! I feel like I e been preparing for this forever and it's almost here!
I did my first week of the shakes w/a meal last week and it went pretty good (although no on warned me about the GAS raht comes from the shakes and vitamins. OMG I nearly killed myself!). This week is all shakes. I have no doubt I can do this. Don't get me wrong, I have some nerves but I am so excited and pumped to clear this hurdle of reclaiming my life!

Ok, carry on as you were...
***Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the places and moments that take our breath away. - Anonymous

Nikke2003
on 12/9/12 6:42 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I'm SO excited for you! I wish you the best of luck. I was just telling my husband (one week from tomorrow is one month down of the six month supervised diet before surgery LOL)... how will I ever make it to your point? 

I'd love to hear how it goes. I've been reading so many posts thinking I might be able to mentally and physically prepare myself for surgery if/when that day comes!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Rita M.
on 12/9/12 6:55 am - Webster, MA

Hi Nikke,

yes the waiting and preparing sometimes is the hardest, but time will fly and in the meantime you will have such great goals that you will reach with your special diet that it will make it so much easier when the time comes for you to have the surgery. Stay strong and positive Hon.

Hugs,

Rita

smashlee
on 12/9/12 7:41 am
VSG on 12/17/12
Thanks! Just keep your eye on the prize!
Sometimes I would just do week to week...heck anybody can do something for a week, right?
Read everything on here you can. This is the best taste of what to expect at different stages and everyone is so supportive.
Just keep putting one foot in front if the other...you can do this!!
***Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the places and moments that take our breath away. - Anonymous

Rita M.
on 12/9/12 6:53 am - Webster, MA

Great attitude girl. You go. It will all be fine and you have a positive outlook on it all and that will take you a long way. CONGRATS!

Hugs,

Rita

smashlee
on 12/9/12 7:42 am
VSG on 12/17/12
Thank you!

Nikke2003
on 12/9/12 9:38 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13
Thanks ladies! I guess the only thing I've felt discouraged by is the fact that everyone else in these forums seem to weigh SO much less than me. I may never get to an "ideal" weight... but I guess I worry sometimes that I won't even come close since I have SO much to lose! argh!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

pointbeach
on 12/9/12 10:03 am - NJ

Just remember its a day at a time, my surgery is on the 19th and Im a person who failed the band so Im nervous the sleeve wont work either but I have to have faith. I cant live like this anymore and nothing else has worked, So dont look at how much you have to lose it is just a number be proud you are doing something to help yourself. Keep in touch

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views