STUCK!!! help

jan1114
on 12/9/12 10:57 pm

I had surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago and have lost a total of 27 pounds including the pre-surgery diet.  Most days I was losing about 1/2 a pound a day, but suddenly I'm stuck, have been at the same weight for a week and I'm getting worried.  Did I go thru all this to lose less than 30 lbs?  Geez!!!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/9/12 11:00 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
Yup.. you did... and so did I. (LOL!!! Just kidding!!!) We all slow down or get to a plateau or some folks call it a 'stall' and these seem to happen regularly while your body readjusts and reconstitutes used up glycogen stores. Don't worry. Drink more water, walk more and stick to plan and it will pass. I actually gained a pound during my first stall.. talk about a major melt down!!! But then it went back down and has been slow and steady ever since. I am sure there are many more stalls in our weight loss journeys. As long as the trend is down down down, don't worry too much. Stress makes me gain weight!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

wmubronco03
on 12/9/12 11:42 pm - MI
VSG on 11/30/12

Relax, take a sip (or four) of water.  The world isn't ending you are just in a stall.  Spend some on this website and you will realize the number one topic is stalls.  They happen.  Stay on plan and eventually it will break.  Drink, Walk and do your part and it will be fine.   

tara3103
on 12/10/12 12:52 am
VSG on 11/13/12

I just read this post and thought it had a great doctor quote in it that might help explain your stall.  Hope it helps!  :)

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/4590532/Stalled-Please -help/

Rita M.
on 12/10/12 1:22 am - Webster, MA

I can't tell you how many times I read this topic here on OH. Yup, it is a stall and it too shall pass. I am 11 days out and I am still losing so I know I haven't hit that stall wall yet. Even though I know it is coming, once I get to that point that "freak out moment" will probably still happen.

You'll be fine. Give it a week or so and you'll see. Good luck.

Hugs,

Rita

notoriousgrannyD
on 12/10/12 1:22 am
VSG on 10/16/12

I feel your angst.  I will be 8 weeks out tomorrow and the last 5 weeks have been in a stall (okay, a 2 lb total loss) .  I lost 25 in the first 3 weeks and 15 in the pre op diet and I thought "aha! this is it, I'm going to do it!!"  I am honestly more of an emotional  mess then I was as an obese yo-yoer.  I do between 600-800 calories, 60-80 protein, 40ish of carbs and at least 6 glasses of water, usually more.  I keep telling myself it will break, just keep going, etc.  I am at the gym (this morning I did 50 mins at a super brisk pace and a good ab workout after)

I know my body can't retain this 232 lbs on 800 calories a day (plus exercising) - but when will it end.?  I am like you as well, ...... is this it?  that's all I am going to lose??  seriously so frustrated I could cry 24/7.  I hope yours breaks in a few days, nobody should have to live through this.  I thought I was emotionally prepared for this, but it is wearing me down down down..... grrr

. Surgery date OCTOBER 16th    
Wildcat-NYC
on 12/10/12 1:35 am
VSG on 08/16/12

This is normal...Do a search for 3 week stall.  Stick to the program, up your water, and stay off the scale for awhile.

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
ruggie
on 12/10/12 4:20 am - Sacramento, CA

This is normal and expected.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views