Just had to have my gallbladder removed

Tia M.
on 12/10/12 10:53 pm - Killeen, TX

I had my gallbladder removed about a week and a half ago. I was having attacks left and right and it took a few trips to the ER to figure what was wrong. But FINALLY, we figured what was wrong and that sucker is now outta there!

However,I wasn't too happy before surgery because they don't want you to eat or drink anything after midnight... ok.. but when they don't even get you in and hooked up to fluids til almost 1 in the afternoon... i was not a happy camper.

But anywho... I wonder if my gallbladder being out with give me food aversions or other issues. hmmm. The only thing i have heard that could be an issue is red meat. That would be unfortunate. However, "they" hadn't eluded to anything else.

Rita M.
on 12/11/12 12:43 am, edited 12/11/12 12:44 am - Webster, MA

Ok a friend of mine had her gallbladder removed years ago and I remember that she said she has to be on a special diet for the rest of her life. I know she couldn't eat any kind of nuts anymore. I would suggest to go online and research anything that has to do with the removal of gallbladder and diet.

Good luck on that.

Hugs,

Rita

Tia M.
on 12/13/12 1:42 pm - Killeen, TX

Thanks. I have been meaning to do that. The Dr. that I am under now for continued care, if you will, didn't seemed to worried about it. But it has just kind of been in the back of my mind. I did have some red meat today.. so far so good. But i am definately going to look into especially about the nuts. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 254 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views