Extreme Heartburn

D. Scott
on 12/12/12 8:19 am
RNY with

Thank you so much!! I have ginger tea and I knew it was supposed to work for nausea but hadnt heard it helped with acid. Ill give it a shot. I also pick up a ppi to crush and swallow.

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

Kelly-AnneH
on 12/12/12 8:45 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I really hope it helps for you. I was so frustrated and miserable with reflux and googled causes. A primary cause is too large of portions, which don't allow the valve at the top of the stomach to close properly.

I looked at my small portions, shrugged my shoulders and figured that what is small for some might still be big to Fred. Cutting my measured or weighed portions by 1/3 made a big difference right away.

I still get "the miseries" sometime, but it's almost always when I've been distracted and eaten too quickly, not chewed my food properly or eaten more than I should have.

My first line of defence has become a big mug of ginger tea - taken in tiny sips at first. The first few sips generally start me burping, which relieves some of the pressure. By the time the tea is all down I'm feeling much better.

In really dire moments I've taken Eno to neutralise the acid, and it does give temporary relief, but stopping the acid from being produced and cutting portions is more effective in the long run.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views